Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcyclefarmer from Iceland

Hallo dear club members!
    I am a 44 year old female motorcyclefarmer from Iceland. I call it motorcyclefarming because I live on a farm with 30+ bikes and have all kind of biker rally´s at my farm. I am getting very tired of the cold winter up here in Iceland and dying fore new adventures, so I am looking fore someone who like a helper with there (old) bikes, rally work, swapmeet work, museum, fix houses, household or what ever for about 1-5 moths. I would like to have a place to stay, food and some pocked money for my work.
    I come to the States 6. Oct with my friend, we are going to the Antique bike festival at the Barber museum, and then travel around fore about a month. So I will be ready for my "work" in the beginning of Nov. My visa is good for 6 months so I have to go back home in the beginning of April 2016.
    People that take me in have to be good people and live in a place that have good weather in the winter.
    I am a member fore many years in the AMCA, I am the president of the antique bike club in Iceland sins 1998, I am the editor of the Harley-Davidson club Iceland, magazine, have held the biggest motorcyclerally in Iceland 5 times, and worked all kind of things for the Icelandic motorcycle community.
    I am always willing to learn more about handling bikes, and all there is about the biker world.

Hope some of you like to have me, and make this a very good adventure with me.

You can contact me at my email harley1931@simnet.is (yes I have a 1931 DL Harley-Davidson)

Regards Dagrun Jonsdottir, AMCA member nr 9729

Welcome to the forum! Please, post some pictures of your bikes, etc!

I've ridden all over Northern Europe, including to Nordkapp, Norway on what is now a 'vintage' BMW (1990 Dakar). I love riding in the cold weather climates and would LOVE to find a way to bring my bike to Iceland. Been on Iceland once, at Reykjavik airport in winter 2014. But I've spent a ton of time looking at roads/riding options... and would just love to come there to ride. My BMW (pictured above) is currently in Germany. It will be in the UK in the spring... if I could find a way to take a boat/ferry to Iceland then the US/Canada... I'd be totally chuffed. But I don't think the logistics are easy. Or maybe you know how it can get done? Because I'd love to ride Iceland!!!!

^^^Me at Nordkapp, Norway on June 21, 2012. The Solstice. Headed from there to Kirkenes, which is one of the awesomest places on earth! Like Dodge City 1880, if Dodge City was run by Vikings and Russians!

Again, welcome aboard! And if you ever come riding in the Northeast USA, please drop me a note!

Cheers,

Sirhr

PS. I also have a 1931 DL... It's behind the '27 JD.

Comment

Hallo sirhr, thank you for replying to my post. Our country is a very beautiful place and lot of all kind of roads. You could travel most of them on your BMW. You could always send your bike with Eimskip or Samskip in a container to Iceland, but the only ferry that comes here is Smyrilline from Denmark.
      I have bought lot of bikes from the States and I have sent them with fly cargo or bought many at a time and send them in a container with Samskip or Eimskip. I am not taking bike from Iceland with me, I buying bike in the States to ride on this time.

If you need more information, just ask, I´ll try to help as mush as I can.

Regards Dagrun

Comment

Welcome to the AMCA Dagrun. My Mother is Icelandic and she is still chugging away at 90. I spent a few summers in Iceland many years ago. Mostly in Reykjavik, but also with relatives way up on the West coast. A very unusual, and beautiful country. I have always dreamed of riding a bike there.

If you do get to the U.S. and you find yourself in Florida, you would be welcome to visit. I am in Sarasota which is on the Gulf coast of Florida. Our beaches are very different from your North Atlantic beaches but for sheer beauty, the Icelandic coast is amazing. Of course, you don't even want to think about going in for a swim.

I have a few interesting bikes to look at but I only have a '48FL that is licensed and legal to ride. Let me know where you're going to be, and if you can make it to Florida.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Hallo Eric, thank you for you invitation, you never know, maybe I knock on you door one day. Or you at mine, when you come to Iceland to ride.

I be in touch if I come to Florida.

Regards Dagrun

Comment

Working...
          X