Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Direct /888-haulbike??? What's Up with Them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Direct /888-haulbike??? What's Up with Them?

So I've moved about a dozen bikes with Haulbikes over the years. Always perfect service. Great folks.

Right now, I'm trying to get a military bike moved from Arizona to VT... and these folks won't take any bookings??? I am not in a rush. They can do it any time. I don't care when I get this thing. But I'd like to get it at least BOOKED!

And they won't even accept a booking. I guess their office staff (who have now told me 3 times that "they are not authorized to accept orders" must be sitting around all day knitting?

Its starting to kind of annoy me. What kind of company won't even accept open-ended bookings? Unless there is more to the story?

Anyone have any insight? Anyone have an alternate hauler? I've been delighted with Daily Direct/Haulbikes for years. I'd happily keep using them. But if they can't handle my work or take my money... maybe I need to move to a new company.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Been waiting for a bike from Florida for a month. Haul bikes keeps telling me they are behind schedule. A little concerned about it but they have always come through in the past. Pretty sure they are subcontracting their deliveries. Will keep you updated.

Comment

Don't know anything about their current situation but they have been stellar in the past. An alternative that I have been pleased with also is Federal Allied. www.funtransport.com Try them. GoodLuck.

Comment

Called Haulbikes yesterday just to get an update on the now overdue delivery. Got a woman named Chris Sosnowski. She was very short with me and told me that when they have determined when my 3 day delivery window was they would let me know. That type of customer service is unacceptable. I will never use them again based on that fact alone and will advise others to look elsewhere.

Comment

Dane:

I've talked to Chris lots of times... she's always been great, friendly, etc.

But you're confirming the root of my question... is something going on? When office staff who is usually outstanding for their service gets snappy, short and irritable, perhaps there is something wrong... stress does that to folks.

I'll be down at my local HD dealer today and I'll ask them whether they've had any issues. I know they get a lot of bikes up via Haulbikes.

Gotta say that I think I'll be trying Funtransport if Daily Direct doesn't commit soon. I'm not in a rush to get the machine here. But I would like to get it picked up and 'wheels in motion' so to speak.

Thanks, Dane and everyone.

Comment

I have used Federal Companies for many years, and always great service.. Presently, Federal uses another carrier, (name escapes me), as no longer tied into Allied Van Lines.. Service is still stellar, just need to watch what you say to the folks on the phone, as they will try to change for lift gate service-and other things, that usually is included!! And, for high dollar, white glove service, I use Intercity Lines, also, excellent service, and speedy, and most times not much more dough either!! Keyboard Express has been here to pick up motorcycles arranged by other folks, and, wasn't impressed with the set up.. And, Daily, is probably to busy with the auction circuit these days, especially recently!! Which is no excuse!!

Comment

BPK and Sirh: Haulbikes delivered a bike to me from the Cole auction and was right on time with a courteous driver. I'm not sure what is going on there right now but agree with Sirh that stress could be the cause of the problems with their office personnel. That stress could be brought on by their inability to deliver as promised and the pressure from dissatisfied customers such as myself, although I have not voiced such to them as of yet. I will give the the benefit of the doubt for now and hope they deliver soon. Sirh, please let me know if you get any info from your local HD dealer. If anyone knows anything I would think they would. Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X