apprenticeship/internship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apprenticeship/internship

AMCA members, I'm new to this group but not to old motorcycles. My youngest son wants to repair and restore vintage and antique motorcycles and I'm thrilled. However, all the established schools (including the one he's in) focus on very new technology and he's frustrated. So, we're looking to find either a shop that does internships/apprenticeships or open to other suggestions for him to get in the biz. We live in Indianapolis but I'm willing to ship him somewhere for awhile. Any suggestions would be appreciated! thanks,

Aaron in Indy

Check with Carl at Carl's Cycle Supply. He has done things like this in the past. You may be able to work something out. Aberdeen, SD. 605-225-5702

Comment

Originally posted by jwl View Post
      Check with Carl at Carl's Cycle Supply. He has done things like this in the past. You may be able to work something out. Aberdeen, SD. 605-225-5702
      Thanks, will do!

Comment

He should focus on the new technology as well. By the time he gets to our age it will be vintage and antique!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Cooke View Post
          He should focus on the new technology as well. By the time he gets to our age it will be vintage and antique!
          Ha, that's what I told him!

Comment

You could try the Barber Museum in Birmingham Alabama they may have some ideas for you. They do have a full restoration shop. I think that a gentleman who worked there was posting on here in the past.
            Jim D.
            Jim D

Comment

Originally posted by jim d View Post
              You could try the Barber Museum in Birmingham Alabama they may have some ideas for you. They do have a full restoration shop. I think that a gentleman who worked there was posting on here in the past.
              Jim D.
              Ah, good one!

Comment

Working...
              X