Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for my brothers here in Kalifornia if you are running YOM license plates....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for my brothers here in Kalifornia if you are running YOM license plates....

My '65 Kalifornia plate just got approved and wondering what you have done with the sticker tags. They gave me a couple of little aluminum plates to bolt on and stick the tags to but seem out of place and ugly. Kind of ruins the whole idea of my vintage plate. Any sample pics of yours or how you are doing it please.
    #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Hi Knuck, I also live here in California and ran a YOM plate on my 57 pan for years with the tags in my wallet. Never got pulled over once. I also do the same on my VJ and JD. Dave

Comment

I'm in Florida and they want the stickers on the plate here as well. I use metal license plate backers available from J&P under my rare YOM tags. There is just enough room at the bottom to attach the sticker and leave the plate untouched. No cop is going to harass you under those circumstances. Marty

Comment

I put both stickers on one tag with the year offset overlapping the month. The nice thing about the tag they gave you is when mounted on the rear of the plate you can simply rotate it completely behind the plate. If needed to be visible simply rotate it out from behind the plate.
        I just ordered the plate for my Knuck bobber. BAD NUC. :-)
        How is the weather in Coarsegold?
        Last edited by Chris Haynes; 02-03-2015, 10:10 PM.
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Thanks Chris, cool idea on stickers will give it a go. The weather is great with 78 today but rain on the way, amen for that as another dry year is bad with less water and the various fires it can bring.

As a footnote anybody that wants a good ride in Yosemite spring is the time to do it, before June as summer is too hot and crowded.
          #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

i have metal backing plates behind my YOM plates and i put the stickers on those - facing the front of the bike. never had a problem

Comment

Working...
            X