Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beauty of Speed - Vintage American Motorcycle Racing

Hello all,
    I have a website some of you may know, it's called "beautyofspeed.com" and is dedicated to vintage american motorcycle racing. I've got about 1000 pages on it of photos, info, documents and all kinds of things. The site is 100% free, made by an enthusiast for other enthusiasts. Below is my latest "news" update. I hope you enjoy it,
    Eric

---------------------------------------------

Beauty of Speed News ::::::::::::::::::: January 2005

Vintage American Motorcycle Racing

//// INTRO - We're Back ! ////

Alright speed freaks! Beautyofspeed.com is up and running at full throttle once again! After endless months of technical problems and computer failures preventing us from updating the site, we got everything back on track. We've catched up on our updates and we'll have more to come in the near future. Meanwhile, the list below will give you access to the latest stuff we got for ya', or you can see it all from the home page:
    http://www.beautyofspeed.com

//// The TRACK - Racing Around The World ////

We've got coverage of three cool racing events for you. The first was held in Austria in the mountains and is a hillclimb. Our German buddies from the Harleysons Race Departement and from the W&W Cycles Wrecking Crew went there with their WR & JD racers for some fun on gravel. Unusual kind of racing and pictures:
    http://www.beautyofspeed.com/fra/eve...kner/index.htm

Next we've got a complete report on the AMCA Davenport 2004 event, which we had the pleasure to attend. We brought back great memories and about 80 pictures of the all the cool stuff that we saw there. Of course, that includes a full coverage of the vintage dirt track races which is something you have to see once in your life. If you think Harley WRs and Indian Scouts belong in museum, don't go! These racers ride their bikes as hard as they can and it's that's a beautifull thing in our speed obsessed minds!
    http://www.beautyofspeed.com/fra/eve...port/index.htm

After out trip to Davenport, we headed out to Salt Lake City and Bonneville, where legendary streamliner builder Dennis Manning (founder of Bub Enterprise), organized the first "motorcycle only" Bonneville event. There was a mix of amateurs who just wanted to get a chance on the salt and of serious racing teams going after the motorcycle world land speed record (322 Mph at the time). We saw all kinds of lakester bikes prepared for the event: A knucklehead, an Indian Chief, a WL, a KR, a Vincent, an XR 1000 and of course the almighty streamliners. One of them crashed right before our eyes at 270 Mph (no one got hurt). And, well you guessed it, we got all that stuff back on film for you . And that means pictures and video!
    http://www.beautyofspeed.com/fra/eve...-bub/index.htm

//// The PADDOCK - WR & WLDR Registry ////

If you don't already know the WR & WLDR Registry here's what its all about: This registry lists any Harley-Davidson racing models from the 1930's & 1940s that exist today and/or that are known to have existed with details on original owners, historic facts of interest, current owners and condiction, pictures etc... The main objective of this project is not to find out "who owns what" but rather "how many of these bikes were built and how many still exist today". recently we added about 15 bikes with pictures and/or historical background. Have a look!
    http://www.beautyofspeed.com/registry/index.htm

//// The STOCK - Vintage Harley Parts for Sale ////

We too have a Bonneville / Dry lake bike project. It will be a while before it's ready and we are even ready to really talk about it, but meanwhile, we are selling off a bunch of our parts to help finance it. We've got a bunch of NOS Hardware, knuckle parts, pan parts etc... so have a look and see if there is anything you might need. As always, please keep in mind we are always interested in any WR or WLDR parts you might have for sale or trade for our personal projects.
    http://www.beautyofspeed.com/stock.htm

Get More Power !!!

ERIC,
    Very strange! I just went to your site after reading your post here and looked at the section of Indian Racers...low and behold there was my 39 scout 82V I assume that one of the previous owners put it on there! thanks for the smile!! Maybe when I get the chance Ill send you a pic of my 1941 Indian4 bobber with a 53 chief frontend!
    On another note the henderson racer you showed from Davenport belongs to Frank Westfall,and my friends and I are there almost all the time to help him and cheer him on.
    Carry on!!!!

PS: With a nick like mine YOU know where its at for me!!!

Comment

Great site! I haven't been there for a while, glad you updated it. I love that 45 cams screensaver.

Comment

WOW! That was a good update. Great job! I'll see if I can push a few more WRs currently being raced - onto your registry.

Comment

Eric, did you get the magazine I sent you with the Koslow article?
          Indian4nut, I'd love to see pics of your 41 4 bobber, sounds cool, is it an old time job or a recent construction?

Comment

Hey Barry! What magazine is it that has the Koslow article? That is one cool motorcycle!

Comment

Thanks for the compliment. It was featured in February Cycle Canada. Shoot me your address and I'll send you a copy!

Comment

Barry,
                It was done it the late 70s by Bob Stark for a gentleman from Austin Texas and featured in Starks Pow-Wow mag in the early 80s Ill get some pics for you but right now its tucked away for the winter! The 1953 Chief frontend really changes the way the MC handles on the road,(for the better I might add!)

Comment

I seem to recall Jerry Hatfield making the same remarks about a Vard he had grafted onto his 4 just like Max Bubeck did on his enduro winning 4 s. I'll check through my copious files , I may already have a picture of your bike.

Comment

Barry,
                    Thanks!

Comment

Hey Thanks Barry! I just sent you my address. I look forward to checking out that article.

Comment

Yeah Barry, I got it, thanks a million. But I also emailed you to tell you I received it and sent you a contact for a J.A.P 45" twin in Europe. I think I sent it all to your new email "bruffsup" which has got me cracking up by the way.
                        Eric

Comment

did you send it to < bruffsup@yahoo.com> ? sounds like an interesting motor, is it a 4 cam side valve? bevel drive mag?

Comment

Hey , what's happening with the Muroc project? any idea where one could get a "Tonkheim" blower ? actually I would settle for a Cozette but prefer a Zoller.

Comment

Yep that's the email I used.

Muroc project, what Muroc project? Oh, THAT Muroc project! Sshhhhh... Yes it's happening. Found a frame, transmission, tanks etc... I need cases and an front fork and I'm pretty much set! Then I get to take care the fun part: days (years?) in the workshop!

Hey email me direct and I'll answer to see if it works.
                              Eric

Comment

Working...
                              X