Anyone good with Photoshop here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone good with Photoshop here?

I am trying to take this image of a Pratts Motor Oil sign... and clean it up so that I can make decals out of it. These will be used to 'disguise' modern oil filters and make them look at home in a vintage engine bay. I'll spray paint a modern FRAM/Wix filter black and then slap a "Pratts" sticker on it... So it will look at home.

Can anyone with Photoshop skills help me clean up this image?

Cheers and thanks!

Sirhr

Srhr!

If you can get it into a common .jpg format, I can massage it in minutes.
    (It won't be my first oil sign "conservation" by computer by far,.. but I admit this one was hard on the printer.)
    CRWNSIGN.jpg

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Let me see what I can do... help much appreciated!

Cheers

Sirhr

Comment

Sirhr, do you know what the decal making folks will accept for file type....jpeg, pdf, png, tiff, other?
        Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Sirhr, In addition to pisten-bully comments, those decal shops can convert your raster (bitmap) graphic to vector graphic. Raster images are based on pixels and so when scaled there is a loss of clarity. While vector-based graphics can be scaled by any amount without degrading quality. Scaling may not be an issue for an oil filter decal. Just a FYI. I also use Photoshop & Lightroom for my photography.

William
          William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
          http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

Comment

Srhr!

It will take me a little more time to work out the edges,... but this site will not let me upload it!
            I just get a question mark.

So an email is on its way.

....Cotten
            UHoh: Now I can see it uploaded, but the bottom of the page is corrupted.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by T. Cotten; 12-27-2014, 10:15 AM.
            AMCA #776
            Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
            X