Bruce Palmer Book signing at Destination Eustis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce Palmer Book signing at Destination Eustis

Bruce Palmer will be doing a Book Signing at Destination Eustis on Friday and Saturday noon till 5:00 at the Vintage Motorcycle Alliance Swap meet and Peoples Choice Bike Show March 6th to 8th. Bruce and Debbie have shipped out the last copies of the first run, But still have a few irregular copies on hand. They will still be taking orders for the next printing to be back in Stock late February with the ever vigilant Bruce editing a few changes. They can be picked up at Eustis signed by Bruce, and he will be able to answer questions and give advise at the Book Signing. Shelby

Originally posted by shelbyinparadise View Post
    Bruce Palmer will be doing a Book Signing at Destination Eustis on Friday and Saturday noon till 5:00 at the Vintage Motorcycle Alliance Swap meet and Peoples Choice Bike Show March 6th to 8th. Bruce and Debbie have shipped out the last copies of the first run, But still have a few irregular copies on hand. They will still be taking orders for the next printing to be back in Stock late February with the ever vigilant Bruce editing a few changes. They can be picked up at Eustis signed by Bruce, and he will be able to answer questions and give advise at the Book Signing. Shelby

Yes! Bruce will be at Eustis Friday March 6 and Saturday March 7 from 12noon-5pm. We will have a batch of a 2nd printing of the 2nd Edition of "How To Restore Your Harley-Davidson". Bruce hopes to be available to chat with everyone, answer short questions, and sign books. Right now we have a few irregular bound books that we are selling for $65.00 plus shipping. Several people who have bought the irregular books have punched holes in the book and put the pages in a 3 ring binder for their shop. All the updates and information is available on our website: www.howtorestoreyourharley-davidson.com. Bruce and I hope to see everyone in Eustis. Thank you to everyone who has made this book a success.
    Debbie

Comment

i hope that there wjll be books for sale there we have waited for this book our old copy is ragged from several bike restores its like an old bible. thank you bruce for your efforts and your attention to all those details and for your new book . so to amca members come on over from the motorhome mud runs check this meet out they dont bite paul g bergeron minot me 7989

Comment

Originally posted by DPPublications View Post
        Yes! Bruce will be at Eustis Friday March 6 and Saturday March 7 from 12noon-5pm. We will have a batch of a 2nd printing of the 2nd Edition of "How To Restore Your Harley-Davidson". Bruce hopes to be available to chat with everyone, answer short questions, and sign books. Right now we have a few irregular bound books that we are selling for $65.00 plus shipping. Several people who have bought the irregular books have punched holes in the book and put the pages in a 3 ring binder for their shop. All the updates and information is available on our website: www.howtorestoreyourharley-davidson.com. Bruce and I hope to see everyone in Eustis. Thank you to everyone who has made this book a success.
        Debbie
        I am not sure if Debbie has sold out of these irregular bound books, but I took two apart and put the pages in plastic sleeves and placed them in different places in the shop areas. Very convent to have reference material right where you work, separated in a binder with other notes. There is so much information in there that finding just what you remember reading becomes a challenge. Bruce deserves our support for all the years of research he has done and the amount of new information included makes it worth updating from your old first edition. Bruce and Debbie are doing a great job shipping out quickly, and keeping the price still affordable to most anyone in the hobby that wants to restore correctly.

Thank You Bruce and Debbie Palmer, and good luck for the New Year. Shelby

Comment

Originally posted by Paul G Bergeron View Post
          i hope that there wjll be books for sale there we have waited for this book our old copy is ragged from several bike restores its like an old bible. thank you bruce for your efforts and your attention to all those details and for your new book . so to amca members come on over from the motorhome mud runs check this meet out they dont bite paul g bergeron minot me 7989
          Debbie told me yesterday the second printing of the second edition has been shipped and they will have them next week. Just in time for the Eustis Book Signing Friday March 6th and Saturday the 7th at the Eustis Swap meet and Bike show in Eustis Florida Fairgrounds. Bruce will be on hand to answer questions as well as signing his wonderful revised two volume book. The amount of extra information he has included in this work is unbelievable.

There has been few Harley Researchers as in depth as Bruce on his work from 1937 to 1964 Harley Davidson Motorcycles. All of us owe Bruce a Big Thank You for what he has shared with us. Provisions have been made that this is an all weather event, Bruce will be outside if weather is great or inside the Expo Hall with the Antique & Vintage Motorcycle Show. He will not be hard to find just look for the large crowd around him and Debbie.

The Next stop for the Palmer's will be Oley AMCA Meet after Eustis, Best of Luck to Them from Shelby and Gloria Withrow

Comment

Debbie told me yesterday the second printing of the second edition has been shipped and they will have them next week. Just in time for the Eustis Book Signing Friday March 6th and Saturday the 7th at the Eustis Swap meet and Bike show in Eustis Florida Fairgrounds. Bruce will be on hand to answer questions as well as signing his wonderful revised two volume book. The amount of extra information he has included in this work is unbelievable.

There has been few Harley Researchers as in depth as Bruce on his work from 1937 to 1964 Harley Davidson Motorcycles. All of us owe Bruce a Big Thank You for what he has shared with us. Provisions have been made that this is an all weather event, Bruce will be outside if weather is great or inside the Expo Hall with the Antique & Vintage Motorcycle Show. He will not be hard to find just look for the large crowd around him and Debbie.

The Next stop for the Palmer's will be Oley AMCA Meet after Eustis, Best of Luck to Them from Shelby and Gloria Withrow
            Talked with Bruce yesterday, the books are back in stock. He is very pleased with the binding on this second run of the Second Edition. He and Debbie are trying to fill all back orders before they head out for Eustis only a week away for Friday and Saturday noon to 5:00 pm. Bruce will be glad to field questions and we will all have a chance to personally THANK Bruce and Debbie for marketing the books themselves to keep cost down for all to enjoy. See you There at Eustis. Shelby Withrow

Comment

Bruce Palmer will be doing another Book Signing at Destination Eustis 2016 on Friday and Saturday noon till 5:00 at the Vintage Motorcycle Alliance Swap meet and Peoples Choice Bike Show March 4th to 6th. Bruce and Debbie will have both the revised and expanded "How to Restore your Military Harley-Davidson" and his new two volume "How to Restore your Harley-Davidson". They can be picked up at Eustis signed by Bruce, and he will be giving a seminar Friday and Saturday early afternoon and able to answer questions and give advise at the Book Signing. Shelby
              The Vintage Motorcycle Alliance is proud to have the return of one of the greatest Researchers and Authorities of details of both Civilian and Military Harley-Davidson Motorcycles 1937 to 1964, Bruce Palmer lll. Bruce along with wife Debbie have given so much to this Hobby. Come by and at least thank him for a lifetime of Restoration Details freely given to all that ask his council. Debbie has just informed me they have an adequate inventory for both books each day

The Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club, will again be hosting the Peoples Choice International Motorcycle Show which has filled the 15,000 square foot Expo hall with all weather indoor loading / unloading available for the last few years. This is a show not to be missed.

The Destination Eustis swap meet area is handicapped friendly and with good drainage in Vendor occupied areas. The parking lot has always been more than adequate for the Farmers Market the day before our event, so parking is not an issue at Eustis Fairgrounds. See you in a couple of weeks in Sunny Florida. Shelby www.vintagemotorcyclealliance.com

Comment

Hey Shelby,

You make a very good point about Eutis being handicapped friendly. I think the AMCA is finally getting the point that the sandpit sucks. Please make an effort of trying to get everybody back to Eustis. A lot of people are complaining, vendors are not happy. This might be an opportunity to show everybody how much you really care about our passion . Maybe you could contact someone other than Spagnoli . Keith Kizer seems to be a sensible person , maybe you guys could find some common ground with Peter and get something worked out. A lot of us would be grateful for the effort. There was suggestions of maybe getting the west coast chapter involved to help with volunteers, and make it a two chapter + Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club. It really would benefit a whole bunch of people. This would also help Peter 's group with the Dania Meet. There is a lot to gain if you could manage to broker some kind of truce.

Steve

Comment

There are many good and sensible people in the AMCA. We need to reunite the Florida winter meet for the good of the club and I believe Eustis is the logical venue. Let's go to the table without attitudes and try to do what is best for the people who love to come to Florida in the winter. If something isn't done to show unity, and AMCA strength, I think we'll see the Winter meet weaken further. I don't have a problem with Silver Sands, and even like some features, but I don't like the miserable traffic from the Cabbage Patch, and the road leading in. Eustis still has some of the old Florida feel, and certainly not the silliness of the Cabbage Patch crowd, and their traffic gridlock. We all love our motorcycles, our hobby, and our club. We're not that big that we can't work things out.
                  Eric Smith
                  AMCA #886

Comment

I second that motion...

Comment

Guys thanks for the replies, but if we are really serious about making this happen it's going to take more than just a handful of us to make this happen. Please get involved, if you really like spending more time in the shop hanging with friends doing the things we do it will be well worth it. We can make things change. Eustis is a great venue, let's go back!!!!!!

Steve

Comment

I made the point of not handicapped friendly after the first one.Wheel chairs,canes,& crutches stuck,unsanitary conditions for all .How long until people listen to the important stuff?,Thanx Roger Duffey

Comment

I would also like to agree and add that this should be a valid concern for the club at every meet. As the magazine polls prove, and the ongoing drive for younger involvement, the fact is the club is currently made up of more older members than younger. A priority should be made to insure older and handicapped can have the same access as everyone. Common sense, we need to take care of the current roster of people. I have been to Eustis, before the change, probably 6-7 times, the horse ranch once. If things could ever be worked out, I go 100% with Eustis. Parking and traffic are a no brainer for Eustis as compared to Samsula. I guess the fairgrounds never did close as we were initally told. I have learned running my own business that sometimes I just have to say I made a mistake and wasn't right, or maybe I learned that while still in middle school. I can't remember, getting older too. Thanks.

Originally posted by duffeycycles View Post
                          I made the point of not handicapped friendly after the first one.Wheel chairs,canes,& crutches stuck,unsanitary conditions for all .How long until people listen to the important stuff?,Thanx Roger Duffey
                          Last edited by BigLakeBob; 03-08-2016, 10:52 AM.
                          Bob Rice #6738

Comment

If anybody remembers I got slammed for making these statements instead of anybody caring..wake up AMCA

Comment

As you know Roger, it's the host chapter that picks the venue, and does the work to get it ready. Everyone blames the AMCA but it's not the Nationals call to pick the location. Having said that; I think the issues in Florida needs the guidance of the National because most members want to be back at Eustis. Even though Florida is a mid-level meet, I think it is one of the most important meets on the schedule and it is in the best interests of the AMCA to try and keep it healthy. This is the first year I have worried about the future of the Winter meet in Florida. It needs to be back at Eustis.
                              Eric Smith
                              AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
                              X