Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discovered Tandem Seat for ???

Hello all,
    I posted a note in the Welcome area about the 1915 Excelsior that I inherited from my great uncle (who road in in the 30s and 40s). When we were going through my grandmother's house in order to sell it I remembered her saying that there was a tandem seat up in the attic. After digging through the time capsule of the attic we finally came across a tandem seat. The Excelsior at the time was off being restored but I assumed the seat was for it. Assumptions... we all know what they say about them. So after getting the seat cleaned up, nickel plated and new leather I realized that it is in fact for another bike. My uncle also had an indian so the seat might have been for that. Does anyone know what bike this is for and what the value of it might be? I appreciate any help.

IMG_0745.jpg

seat2.jpg

Are there any marks, numbers or lettering anywhere on this?
    Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

I've not seen a tandem seat like that, and your's looks like it would be more comfortable than most. It is obvious that it was made for a rigid frame motorcycle so that would rule out a 1913 and later Indian, and PowerPlus. Also, the front mounts look non-adjustable so it quite probably was made for a specific motorcycle. There were still a number of different manufacturers prior to WW1 so that could be a challenge. Off hand though, I'm going to say Harley-Davidson.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Hello exeric & 23JDCA 808,

I'll take a look for markings when I get home (at the office now). And I was thinking along the same line. With the rigid front connection (too wide for the Ex) it must be for a specific bike. I'll measure the distances too which might help.

Thanks for your replies.

Comment

Working...
        X