Kiwi V8 Indian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiwi V8 Indian

A good mate of mine has totally scratch built this 2600cc, 45 degree, V8 Indian which had it's first public viewing the past few days.
    No original parts have been used in the build, with everything being made by the constructor and who at present wishes to remain nameless.
    It is very close to fire up and a real example of Kiwi can do attitude.
    With the constructors permission I'll try to keep you up to speed with the progrees and will post further pictures off more detail when he releases them.
    At this stage it's a one off and no it's not for sale.
    Attached Files
    Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
    A.M.C.A. # 2777
    Palmerston North, New Zealand.

i like it. would love to hear it.
    gww57.com

Comment

Your friend did a spectacular job with that. V-8 motorcycles usually look terrible, but this bike is well proportioned and the motor looks like it belongs there.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

A beautiful bike, for sure. Please post more photos and videos if you can!
        AMCA # 3233

Comment

I'd like to see the lower connecting rod/crank layout, do the front cylinders share one journal on the crank or does each cylinder get it's own?...Mike

Comment

Lovely bit of engineering...

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

As soon as my cobber gives the ok I'll post some detail pictures of the power plant.
              It's a georgous piece of work and those in the know are all hoping that it goes as good as it looks
              A.M.C.A. # 2777

Comment

Well its up and running.
                Here's some photos of the construction and the bike at the first start up.
                Attached Files
                A.M.C.A. # 2777

Comment

2 more shots of the manufacture
                  Attached Files
                  A.M.C.A. # 2777

Comment

gww
                    It sounds very different because of the flat plane crank, not the V8 burble you'd expect but take it from me its got a real angry sound when you wind her up.
                    A.M.C.A. # 2777

Comment

Awesome... truly awesome!

One of my regrets is not buying a Flathead V8 motorcycle back when they were selling them. Honest Charley's or something. What gorgeous machines. Nothing sounds like a flathead V8.

There's an old saying in hotrodding that says "how can you tell if a Deuce Coupe has a 350 in it... or a flathead." If it has a hood, it's a 350.

Thanks for posting. That's gorgeous. Though give me evil and expensive thoughts....

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

There is an article that has been written on this masterpiece but I'm going to offer it to the club magazine first and it they don't want to print it I'll post it up here.
                        The bike has only be up and running for about a fortnight and offers to buy it are coming in thick and fast.
                        A.M.C.A. # 2777

Comment

The 'evil and expensive thought' is that I have a spare Rolls-Royce 20/25 straight six all rebuilt and sitting in my spare parts room. And I think it would make an amazing motorcycle...

3.5L... huge torque. I had sort of said "no no no" to myself last couple of years. But am finishing up a couple of projects and thinking again about revitalizing this project. You folks are a bad influence... Devils on my shoulder!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Amazing and beautiful work there, the spirit of Burt Munroe is alive and well in NZ!
                            AMCA # 3233

Comment

WOW, just, WOW. Please tell me there will be a you-tube of this mechanical marvel up and running. I have seen the 6-cylinder Indian and Henderson running and in person but this is in a whole 'nother league. I mean just WOW.
                              D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Working...
                              X