Photo of my aluminum model "B" single head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo of my aluminum model "B" single head

Don't know if anyone here is interested in H-D singles but here are some photos of an aluminum cylinder head I made on the CNC mill. First I made a 3D computer model of an origian cast iron head and use it to create a NC program for the CNC mill.

That looks pretty bloody good! I need to get up to speed on CNC mills, etc. You can do a lot of cool things with that technology ... Perry

Comment

Your head is a beauty! However, I am confused, did you start with a casting? Makes me wish I still had my 29C so I could talk you into making one for me.

Comment

Originally posted by koanes
        Your head is a beauty! However, I am confused, did you start with a casting? Makes me wish I still had my 29C so I could talk you into making one for me.
        I used an original cast iron "B" head as a guide to draw a 3D computer model using a cad program. Then I loaded the 3D model into a cam program to create the NC code for the CNC mill. I plan on making a high compression version of this head and probably a model "C" head eventually.

Comment

Working...
        X