Parking lot Chatter or for sale forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking lot Chatter or for sale forum

Hopefully the forums dont become the "heads up spot" for every for sale item,especially the ones also on ebay.
    Just my opinion,I realize some may find it helpful,but there is a for sale section for stuff that's for sale.
    Tom
    Last edited by tfburke3; 10-03-2014, 03:51 PM.

Originally posted by tfburke3 View Post
    Hopefully the forums dont become the "heads up spot" for every for sale item,especially the ones also on ebay.
    Just my opinion,I realize some may find it helpful,but there is a for sale section for stuff that's for sale.
    Tom
    Hi Tom, I'm guilty, sorry, but.....
    I did the "heads up" to bring attention to the sale thread as a "please", as in please visit the "sale" section, the one I doubt gets much traffic, which is such a disappointment. I recently tried to steer an estate listing onto the forum sales, but the comments were "waste of time, even if only a minute", "just do e-bay", "waste of time", over and over. No dam respect!
    So I did it to promote more traffic. Sorry, hope it wasn't as annoying as a "pop-up ad". I won't do it again.

Comment

I think a lot of us miss the opportunity to take advantage of the free marketplace here at the AMCA site. The appeal of ebay is you can probably get more money for your stuff, but with the ever rising fees that ebay keeps imposing, places like this may get a lot more desirable.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by fillibuster View Post
        Hi Tom, I'm guilty, sorry, but.....
        I did the "heads up" to bring attention to the sale thread as a "please", as in please visit the "sale" section, the one I doubt gets much traffic, which is such a disappointment. I recently tried to steer an estate listing onto the forum sales, but the comments were "waste of time, even if only a minute", "just do e-bay", "waste of time", over and over. No dam respect!
        So I did it to promote more traffic. Sorry, hope it wasn't as annoying as a "pop-up ad". I won't do it again.
        i waited to see the parts you were going to list. i guess it wont happen.
        rob ronky #10507
        www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

I,personally, am not disturbed by someone posting a heads up if it is an interesting or rare part. There are lots of posts that I have no interest in so I just skip over them. May I suggest that those not interested in the heads up simply skip them over as well. For an example, the heads up Chris Haynes posted recently for the 36-7 dash is an example of an interesting part (in my opinion) and I was glad to see it and the comments he received.

Comment

Originally posted by jwl View Post
            I,personally, am not disturbed by someone posting a heads up if it is an interesting or rare part. There are lots of posts that I have no interest in so I just skip over them. May I suggest that those not interested in the heads up simply skip them over as well. For an example, the heads up Chris Haynes posted recently for the 36-7 dash is an example of an interesting part (in my opinion) and I was glad to see it and the comments he received.
            I agree. Rather than stifle postings, I'd like to see more...especially in the area of bikes for sale.

I don't have to open or read what does not interest me.

Comment

Originally posted by jwl View Post
              I,personally, .................... For an example, the heads up Chris Haynes posted recently for the 36-7 dash is an example of an interesting part (in my opinion) and I was glad to see it and the comments he received.
              ...............Hah! LOL !! ...........46EL

Comment

Working...
              X