Bull City Rumble and Perspective New Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bull City Rumble and Perspective New Members

The Bull City Rumble is a "Mods vs Rockers" type event held in Durham, NC. Lots of great vintage motorcycles in attendance, with the bulk of the machines being European or Japanese. Here's an article on the event, plus a couple dozen photos:

Bull City Rumble

Seems to me that these types of events would be good places to recruit new members. 70's era British and Japanese bikes are affordable, so the overall age of those coming to these events is much lower. I think what would appeal the most to this crowd would be Road Runs. Most everyone I talked to was very interested in building bikes that the could ride and less interested in 100 point restorations.

Maybe we should add a section on this forum for posting information on events that would be good places for recruiting new members. I think it would be useful to have an idea of what is going on around the country outside of the AMCA but in the vintage hobby.
    1964 FLH
    1972 R75/5
    1996 XL1200C
    2001 R1200C
    2007 FXSTB
    Blog: Riding Vintage
    Check out Riding Vintage on Facebook

Bull City Rumble

That story on the Bull City Rumble was most excellent! I agree with all of your recommendations. You'll have to do a better job with the judges next time. I hear they like lap dances.

Comment

There's a lot of young riders out there, that are into the vintage cafe style bikes, they are out there , and there are bike nights and swaps they organize . I think there is a lot potential out there , and I'm always happy to see any young people take an interest in motorcycling , especially vintage. There is a youth culture that is definitely into anything vintage , so yes if there is a way to bring them in , that would be outstanding .
      Adam

Comment

Working...
      X