Update on Palmer's book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Palmer's book

I would first like to thank everyone who has preordered "How To Restore Your Harley-Davidson" by Bruce Palmer III. Without you, this book would not be possible. I know there has been delays with the printing and I apologize for that. I have tried to work closely with the printer so that the finished product would be of the highest quality. For instance, I was not pleased with the first choice of paper and had to go with a little heavier weight. This printing job is not digital or offset digital. It is completely offset which means signatures and /or plates had to be made in 16 page increments. Each set is folded and then stacked in order and then sent to a bindery. With over 1000 pages, this process took some time, but the end result is high quality. The 2nd, smaller volume was printed first and is off the presses. It looks fantastic! The photos came out better than I hoped. The 1st volume is almost done and should be ready by the end of next week. We will then begin to invoice everyone. Bruce will be at the Jefferson meet the first weekend of October. We hope you can stop by to meet him. We will have some books with us at that time. I will be taking whatever I can fit in the back of our truck. You can still preorder by emailing me at dppublications@verizon.net. We can take PayPal at this time or a USPS Money order. Visit our website at www.howtorestoreyourharleydavidson.com Again thank you and thank you for your patience!

Debbie Palmer
    Last edited by DPPublications; 09-13-2014, 06:09 PM.

Debbie:

Looking forward to receiving mine!!!

It is going to be a great book and worthy of the wait.

Everyone... order one! You will be glad you did.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Debbie, Cash at Jefferson work??
      Chuck
      AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Yes of course! Cash will work. Thank you
        Debbie

Comment

Yesterday I received sample copies of the large volume (1) book. Unfortunately, I discovered the binding is not correct for the large volume (600+ pages). My printer is now contracting with another bindery that has the technology to handle the larger book. This is setting the production date back another 3 weeks.
          Thank you again for your patience.

Everyone has had nothing but kind things to say and I am very grateful.
          Debbie

Comment

As an engineer, I can fully appreciate (and an overwhelmed by) that amount of research, data organization, clarity in presentation, and outright anal approach (most engineers have that trait) taken in writing the 1st book. A true work of dedication and persaverence! I hope you make a million on the 2nd edition!!
            Bill Pedalino
            Huntington, New York
            AMCA 6755

Comment

Originally posted by DPPublications View Post
              Yesterday I received sample copies of the large volume (1) book. Unfortunately, I discovered the binding is not correct for the large volume (600+ pages). My printer is now contracting with another bindery that has the technology to handle the larger book. This is setting the production date back another 3 weeks.
              Thank you again for your patience.

Everyone has had nothing but kind things to say and I am very grateful.
              Debbie
              Debbie and Bruce, Take what ever effort and time to produce the best and most durable book possible, remember we constantly refer to Bruce's excellent work and wear the heck out of them. You are in charge of Quality Control, and we trust you to do the right thing. God Bless you both. Shelby

Comment

Hope the 65 Panhead is in this one. Could not have restored my 46 Knuck without the first book.
                #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

You would think a bindery would know their capacity...

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pedalino View Post
                    I hope you make a million on the 2nd edition!!
                    So does Debbie.
                    Be sure to visit;
                    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by MJW View Post
                      You would think a bindery would know their capacity...
                      BP III and crew have unquestionably done a great job in the monumental task of researching and compiling all of the info for the new book. They have been doing it for many years and they know how to do it well. However their attempt at entering the publishing business seems to be a big learning experience. I'm sure it will all work out in the end. This is why the publishing companies make the big bucks. An established publishing company would know where and where not to go for the printing , binding, etc. BP III and crew, thanks for your tireless work and please know that we are all pulling for you as you soldier on.

Comment

Hopefully someone doesn't buy the whole production run like last time and charge $200.00+ a copy.

Comment

They will just print more, they aren't going through a second party publisher anymore
                          Al Cournoyer
                          1942 WLA Boober
                          1928 JDL Super Sport In progress
                          Member #23154

Comment

Originally posted by MY65HD View Post
                            Hopefully someone doesn't buy the whole production run like last time and charge $200.00+ a copy.
                            That didn't happen. Sales of the book slacked and many of the books were sitting in the warehouse. Several people, including Buzz, bought the remaining books. The publisher decided to discontinue publication of the book. Bruce then had to wait the alloted time since the last publication of the book to retrieve the rights to it. Now the publisher is Bruce's wife. As long as books are wanted they will be printed.
                            Bruce is now hard at work on a new edition of his Military book.
                            Be sure to visit;
                            http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                            Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                            Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                              That didn't happen. Sales of the book slacked and many of the books were sitting in the warehouse. Several people, including Buzz, bought the remaining books. The publisher decided to discontinue publication of the book. Bruce then had to wait the alloted time since the last publication of the book to retrieve the rights to it. Now the publisher is Bruce's wife. As long as books are wanted they will be printed.
                              Bruce is now hard at work on a new edition of his Military book.
                              Yeah lmao Buzz gave them away as gifts or passed them along at cost!
                              I bought my second print on Amazon for $32.95 right before Buzz ' s philanthropic gesture Lmao!

I knew about that deal and thought it stunk! I didn't want to mention Buzz but I'm glad you did. He was hawking them for $200.00+ What a great guy!!!
                              Take an item avaliable for 32.95 away from hobbyist a month after its release and profit off of it. They had only been out for a couple of months when he scooped them up. I lost all respect for him because of that.

Thank god Debbie is publishing and getting this edition directly to the hobbyist rather than another "Buzz" profiteering from our hobby!

Comment

Working...
                              X