Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is this forum restricted to members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is this forum restricted to members?

I'm new here but I think this forum should be open to everyone regardless of membership. I bet there's a lot of antique motorcycle folks out there who would like to join the forum but don't want to pluck down $30 just to join it. There would be a lot more posters here if it were open to everyone.

just my opinion

while i agree with your comment about more post i believe their are enough other sites and boards out there that let guest post messages. I vote to keep this forum for it's members I post at 4 other boards besides this one because I am new to the antique scene and I am trying to learn all I can as to restore my project both correctly and at the same time on some what of a budget. I am open minded but if it's the thirty bucks you are complaining about you want get any simpathy with me beacuse I beleive the thirty bucks is nothing in compasion to what you get in return with your membership 4 magazines a year that in my opinion are worth more than any news stand price magazine information and comradery with others would never have met other wise. But that's just my opinion.

Comment

I got to agree with you jb. If you don't want to spend the $30 for all you get from AMCA, you are not that serious about it in the first place.

Comment

Re: just my opinion

Originally posted by "jb"
        while i agree with your comment about more post i believe their are enough other sites and boards out there that let guest post messages. I vote to keep this forum for it's members I post at 4 other boards besides this one because I am new to the antique scene and I am trying to learn all I can as to restore my project both correctly and at the same time on some what of a budget. I am open minded but if it's the thirty bucks you are complaining about you want get any simpathy with me beacuse I beleive the thirty bucks is nothing in compasion to what you get in return with your membership 4 magazines a year that in my opinion are worth more than any news stand price magazine information and comradery with others would never have met other wise. But that's just my opinion.
        Could you give me a link to some of the other forums that you know of? I'm just looking for as much information as can get about my project which is the reason I joined the club. But this forum seems a bit slow due to lack of members.

Comment

holding my tongue

I will be glad to help after all thats what i believe this site and others are about, at least for me. I would like to say I think you are missing out on alot, this site has information and knowledgeable people around the globe some material is no longer in print and some folks here go out of their way to dig up answers to help other members some posters look at this board all day and some when they can some maybe retired and others have jobs where they can check it out during the day. Today you got lucky and got me because we were not busy and I had time to post a message. send me your e-mail I can send you a page of links I am sure it will help and it won't cost you one red cent. My apologies to those members retired and on fixed incomes who pay their dues. But I feel compeled to help even if he can't afford the thirty bucks....sincerly jbhome@cetlink.net

Comment

OK, here's my two cents worth....after a couple double sours....pay the $30 bucks you cheap *******and join the only club devoted to real antique bikes....

Louie

Comment

I don't get it?

This guy supossedly owns a 1926 HD "B" single and why he doesn't want to join the AMCA is beyond me. I did pass on a few links but he won't get the help their as he could here. Some people insist on learning the hard way. My sentiments exactly Louie did you notice how well I held my tongue? It wasn't easy.!!!

Comment

Link

and.. www.fatdogvintagesalvage.com/

Comment

I know you guys will be mad at me for this ....but whats the differance the Club mag is on the news stand?? How are we to attract new members here if they cannt feel like equals? maybe we need a section where nonmembers could post?? If things where the same in OUR CLUB as they where 20 years ago Id say you are right but everything this club is about now centers around bigger being better!(fewer regional meets ect) So open the flood gates!

Comment

I can't help myself

Their for I joined a organization that could, You can't have anything special if you let anyone and anything join Their are Jap clubs, Their are Harley and Indian clubs, British only clubs and etc. I believe if it's just the thirty bucks were after and we let just anyone join soon their will not be any antiques in road run's because these new comers (myself included) do not have the expertise to keep them on the road, have plenty of spare parts and spend alot of hard earned money on them as they are not cheap anymore. And you will have a bunch of trailer queens. Is this what we want?

Comment

I guess an argument could be made that this Website is paid for thru the AMCA Membership dues. I'm not sure what our Website costs, but with 8,000?? Members paying dues already, the cost factor may be mute at this point.
                      Non-members may feel free to rant-&-rage with no regard to losing their Membership privileges. Also perhaps it could open our site to hackers?? Hrdly

Comment

Open the site to Hackers???My friends if the FBIs site can be hacked what makes you think this one is so safe????? New Ideas and Free Speech are the corner stone of our great country,maybe more would join our club.

PS: Ask yourself....Is it ABOUT MONEY...or the free exchange of ideas within the great sport of Motorcycling....YOU DECIDE...I HAVE! Im also glad over the years that every time Ive talked cycling with others it always hasnt been MONEY because Id be broke by now!!!
                        JUST A THOUGHT!!!

Comment

Hey INLINE4NUT...You having a bad day or something??

Please note in my previous post that I used questions marks (??) at the end of my sentances.....as I don't have the answers.

I'm a blue collar truck driver and I'm far from wealthy....what I do have I've worked for.......but I wouldn't mind inheriting a lot more! I guess some of our Members could be considered 'RICH' but I wouldn't hold that against them. It's only money....

I have no problem with a Free and open Forum.....I belong to several other Motorcycle Forums that are free....although some you have to join the Forum's group before you can Post.....doesn't bother me....if I like the group, I join.

As for free speech.....I practise it all the time.....most times while using very colorful language.....
                          Hrdly

Comment

Working...
                          X