Wauseon Judging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wauseon Judging

Hi there folks, we are trying to gather people together for the judging at Wauseon. I think that we could use a great deal of volunteers. We have a wonderful turnout for this event and need people that know something about every sort of machine manufactured. We have been seeing more of the European and Asian models as they become of age. If you have a bit of time available we could use you. Thank you so much for giving it consideration.

Best regards,
    Dr. Denise Rich-Gross
    Lake Erie Chapter
    Deputy Judge

Hi Denise,
    What day is Judging? Sunday?
    Thanks!

Comment

Thank you for asking, the judging takes place Sunday morning. The breakfast and meeting are at 8:00 AM and we are on the field at 9:00 AM.
      Denise

Comment

FYI I am planning to be there this year & have sent in my vender & camping reg. I will be judging British & Euro. bikes. Hope to meet you there. Cass Ackroyd
        Senior Field Judge

Comment

Thank you Cass, we need you and I look forward to seeing you at Wauseon.
          Denise

Comment

Wauseon judging reminders/requests

What would it take to get you a free breakfast and to learn about motorcycles?
            Come on, you are tempted to help out, and we could use your help even for part timers.
            It would be great to have enough people to man the teams on Sunday for Judging @ 9:000A.M.
            We have had a very diverse selection of motorcycles in Wauseon.
            The judging process is a great learning experience if you can afford the time.
            Please try to touch base with us (Deputy Judges) even if you have to leave early on Sunday, we'll take your help!!
            Just check in at the main registration desk to sign the Judges sign up sheet.
            If you are having your motorcycle judged you need to check in at the registration desk, bring your paperwork from prior meets, and roll in with it running.
            Thanks ever so much,
            Denise

Comment

A judging seminar is a MUST! At the Dixon meet a team of judges was judging an unrestored 1965 FL. The only problem was there were judging it as if it was a restored machine. I stepped in several times to remind them that an unrestored machine is allowed to have non original Service Parts. That is parts that are normally replaced during the life of a motorcycle. Tires, chains, spark plugs and wires, wiring, llght bulbs, seats, and any other part that would succumb to years of use. No Reproduction parts are allowed on an original machine.
              On the other hand a restored machine is allowed reproduction parts as long as it is the highest quality reproduction made. So if it is a 1941 Knuck and it has a V-Twin muffler on it it would be docked points as the muffler from Carl's is a superior unit.
              Be sure to visit;
              http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
              Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
              Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

A couple of times I've come across machines entered in the wrong class. Such as an unrestored machine in a restored class, these were pointed out to chief judge who spoke to the owner
                about reclassification of the machine.
                VPH-D

Comment

Good point, the owners find out during the process of judging just where their machine should qualify. It is also very informative when the owner gets to see what's available in the best quality reproduction parts. The seminars show things that require consideration, such as changing things on a barn fresh bike. Often, once you start you have to do whole bike over and then it is up to the standards of a restored machine. Sometimes it is better left alone and take a ding on the points.
                  Denise

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                    A judging seminar is a MUST! At the Dixon meet a team of judges was judging an unrestored 1965 FL. The only problem was there were judging it as if it was a restored machine..
                    The third time my original paint unrestored 65fl was judged they treated it like a restored bike, for example 1/4 point for "right fork stop bad weld", 1/4 point for a scratch in the air cleaner cover, 1/4 point for no rubber coating on the steel brake line under the primary, 1/2 point for no sticker on the regulator cover and incorrect plug wires.and one point for what they called repainting, It was actually about 6 rock chips on the front fender about the size of pin heads. They picked and picked and came up with this on an original bike, it still made the winners circle. I'm lucky to own this machine, probably will never get a chance to have anything this original again. There are pictures of it in my album here on this site.
                    John Underwood
                    AMCA#14400
                    Central Illinois

Comment

Well, you gained Winner's Circle status. Good job, I am sure you are proud to own this machine. One must reflect that judging is a process that is done by people who are volunteers. Come and join in the fun.
                      Denise

Comment

Working...
                      X