• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sinking carb floats?

http://www.usatoday.com/longform/new...rce=CPHPACCKEY
    Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Bill!

I find it most interesting that their timeline shows foam floats failing before the era of widespread ethanol usage.

Thanks for the link,

...Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
      Bill!

I find it most interesting that their timeline shows foam floats failing before the era of widespread ethanol usage.

Thanks for the link,

...Cotten
      Hello Cotten, I totally respect your post and experience with carbs, please allow me to fill in some space here before ethanol usage. For many years gasoline was very stable, I can remember in the Chicago area gas stations offered 5 or 6 different grades of fuel during the muscle car days, engineers were all using new materials to replace standard floats for many reasons, cost, function and so on. When the EPA started to mandate additives that were an alphabet soup of Chemicals, to reduce emissions and lead use a lot of problems started showing up, I have seen many products go away that worked until gas changed, new products become available only to create a different problem in the future. Many new products did not have the longevity that the old floats or parts materials had.

We are all now ruining new chainsaws, lawn mowers and even newer cars that can not tolerate chemical effects on sensors, fuel life or storage issues and so on.

Lets keep everyone up to date with information to cope with all these issues related to fuels and damage caused. Shelby

Comment

Working...
      X