Wauseon Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wauseon Meet

Counting the days to the Wauseon meet will be my first time there also as a vendor,is there a map of the grounds to show where the spots are located? also planing to see the races on Friday night
    Chuck
    AMCA Member#1848

take ear plugs the race announcer is a loud moth pain in the ass
    rob ronky #10507
    www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Originally posted by rwm View Post
      take ear plugs the race announcer is a loud moth pain in the ass
      I saw on a "Bike Days LLC" site over the Winter that he died. He announced me "Johnny Rhodes" instead of John...I liked that acutally, he was a talker for sure!

http://www.bikedays.com/

Comment

Chuck, go to www.wauseonnationalmeet.org, click the map button at the top of first page. Tough our map needs to be updated your space will be near the south end of "New Gate H Vendor Spaces".
        Best regards, Fred.
        Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

In addition to all the other good stuff (including Jay Springsteen riding in the Friday night dirt track!) Wauseon will also serve as the host event for the second AMCA “Scanfest” to expand the Club’s online Virtual Library of historic motorcycle documents.

This is your chance to contribute to the preservation of these irreplaceable pieces of our heritage. Please bring your sales brochures, parts manuals, service manuals, promotional items or anything else that might be important to others researching or restoring antique motorcycles. We’ll have volunteers set up in the Junior Fair Building who will be ready to scan your items and return them to you before the weekend is over. We’ll then add your contributions to the hundreds of documents available to all members through the Club’s Virtual Library.

We're also seeking volunteers to help with the scanning at the meet. We're just looking for you to volunteer a couple of hours of your time to sit in air-conditioned comfort and help us work through the documents people bring to the Meet. We'll have knowledgeable experts on hand to supervise, but we could really use a few extra hands to make this project run smoothly. If you can help, please email me at AMCAoperations@gmail.com.

Thanks.

Bill Wood

Comment

wlwood,

Great idea to setup the scanning!
            AMCA #10930

Comment

Originally posted by Knotthed View Post
              wlwood,

Great idea to setup the scanning!
              I wrote to a few of our board several weeks ago about the scanning. I can't do Wauseon this year, but I have done a little deal with my local printer. He made 10 copies of a military service manual for Indian 641's and it includes some Chief stuff too. HE ALSO MADE A CD FOR ME, which I want to send to WL Wood or whomever is in charge of the library, FREE OF CHARGE, dammit!!!
              No response yet. Please, mr. librarian, give me your mailing address, BEFORE I LOSE THIS CD! .... my memory is fading fast....

Comment

Originally posted by wlwood View Post
                In addition to all the other good stuff (including Jay Springsteen riding in the Friday night dirt track!) Wauseon will also serve as the host event for the second AMCA “Scanfest” to expand the Club’s online Virtual Library of historic motorcycle documents.

This is your chance to contribute to the preservation of these irreplaceable pieces of our heritage. Please bring your sales brochures, parts manuals, service manuals, promotional items or anything else that might be important to others researching or restoring antique motorcycles. We’ll have volunteers set up in the Junior Fair Building who will be ready to scan your items and return them to you before the weekend is over. We’ll then add your contributions to the hundreds of documents available to all members through the Club’s Virtual Library.

We're also seeking volunteers to help with the scanning at the meet. We're just looking for you to volunteer a couple of hours of your time to sit in air-conditioned comfort and help us work through the documents people bring to the Meet. We'll have knowledgeable experts on hand to supervise, but we could really use a few extra hands to make this project run smoothly. If you can help, please email me at AMCAoperations@gmail.com.

Thanks.

Bill Wood
                If anybody from the LA area is going I have a bunch of printed material to loan to the project.
                Be sure to visit;
                http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by fillibuster View Post
                  I wrote to a few of our board several weeks ago about the scanning. I can't do Wauseon this year, but I have done a little deal with my local printer. He made 10 copies of a military service manual for Indian 641's and it includes some Chief stuff too. HE ALSO MADE A CD FOR ME, which I want to send to WL Wood or whomever is in charge of the library, FREE OF CHARGE, dammit!!!
                  No response yet. Please, mr. librarian, give me your mailing address, BEFORE I LOSE THIS CD! .... my memory is fading fast....
                  Phil:

Look for a private message from me with a postal address. And thanks for making these items available!

Bill Wood

Comment

Originally posted by wlwood View Post
                    Phil:

Look for a private message from me with a postal address. And thanks for making these items available!

Bill Wood
                    It's going in the mail tomorrow, Bill.
                    Wish I could be there with the rest of you in the "Black Swamp" (for you historians), for possible tech help.

Comment

Working...
                    X