Antique Motorcylce Insurance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antique Motorcylce Insurance.

I am trying to insure my 48 Chief. I have contacted 5 different Insurance Company's, they have all come back with great quotes. Now try to get them to write the policy. One of their underwriter's rules is that you have to have a primary auto policy. I don't have an auto or a policy, the only policy I have is on my 2005 Harley. They will not write a collector policy with a motorcycle policy. Does anyone else have this problem or am I the only one that doesn't own a car or truck?

I use Hagerty, they don't even care if you have a title for your antique bike. I have 3 bikes with them. They will insure you for whatever amount full replacement value.

Comment

hagerty or jc taylor - pretty comparable

Comment

Originally posted by rigb View Post
        I use Hagerty, they don't even care if you have a title for your antique bike. I have 3 bikes with them. They will insure you for whatever amount full replacement value.
        Tried Hagerty and 5 others they all want me to have auto insurance I don't own a auto.

Comment

I had JC Taylor for years. Gave up on them when I realized I could never talk to anyone. I had a question and no one could answer it( no one even tried). It was always another number to call with no response. And really crappy online service (as in NONE). Went to Hagerty and so far no issues. They never asked about auto insurance, or any other kind of insurance. Agreed value, pictures of the bikes, done deal.
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by RicD13 View Post
            Tried Hagerty and 5 others they all want me to have auto insurance I don't own a auto.
            Did you apply for a policy using their web site?
            Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

Hagerty may have changed their requirements. I just switched to them 2 months ago and I needed automobile insurance and also was required to have 'drive other vehicle coverage' on the car policy, and the liability limits had to be a certain amount. To me it wasn't an issue because I had it, but did not think I should have needed it either. When I asked the agent he said they are limiting their liability, they are insuring your antique motorcycle and what you do on it and want the liability to stop there. Said that if you were in an accident in your car and your car insurance is not enough to cover the damages the lawyers will go after all your insurance carriers. I do have to say I was very pleased with the website, actual communication of the agent and the ease of the entire transaction.
              Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Working...
              X