Tejas chapter roadrun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tejas chapter roadrun

I noticed something a little odd in the ad for the Tejas chapter roadrun in May 2005:

They say your brakes will be tested. (It's in the hill country of Texas.)

Does this mean someone else will ride your bike and slam on the brakes as a test before you can participate in the run? Or do they mean the riding conditions will put your brakes to the test?

Some of us put a lot of stock in engine braking! But then if the chain breaks, you're done for.

I noticed that also Bob. Little strange. Either/Or, I figure they're sending a message for a pretty darn good reason. Maybe a little forwarning of the ride in the hills for the flat landers.

Who in there right mind would do the testing? And how? A half day entertainment in itself.

Comment

Well it kinda stumped me also !cannt believe the foothills of Texas are any worst than the White mountains of NewHampshire or lets say Glacier National!But as you said Rick must be for flat landers...or it has already done what they wanted, generated interest and buzz!

Comment

Texas Road Run

Hey fellas we want to make sure you have confidence in your motorcycle braking. We have some steep downhill switch-backs to run through! Changing the sibject, Texas has a helmet law, you ride without your helmet if you have taken a riders safety course or have $10,000 personal medical insurance,of course you have to prove it. Check out the websites Texas helmet laws.

Comment

Tejas chapter roadrun

Folks, Just want to remind everybody that you've only got about 40 days left to register for the Tejas Hill Country Roadrun. You might get in after the March 10th cut-off date but that date is when the Tejas chapter has to order the shirts and pins and other orderable items to ensure they are ready by ride day. We're looking forward to your visit. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X