Paypal sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal sales

I have read a couple of adverts that make a reference to " No paypal scams " and I am in the dark as to what this is referring to. I would appreciate any info as to what this is all about.
    Thanks Fred D

Fred:

There are a bunch of them. Here's a good link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_fraud

Just a few of the ways that you can get separated from your money online...

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

After making the mistake of not encoding my true email address here on this site in the parts wanted section just last week, the following day the Nigerian money scams began. You know the ones with, "I am the ambassador to Nigeria and I have 15 million dollars in an acct. in the U.S. and only need you to send me the $195.00 application fee to claim your 50% share." By the way, while we are at it, I still need the parts in the wanted section and have $100,000 U.S.dollars to the locater of these parts. Just send me $50.00 cash and you will receive.......
      D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

for those who don't want to go to the trouble of using software, etc. to 'disguise' an e-mail address, I just do it phonetically. Works on eBay, too, where they will block any message which contains an e-mail address.

For example (and this is a non-real e-mail address) knucklehead46@aol.com can be re-written as knucklehead46 att Alpha Oscar Lima dott comm and none of the spiders and stuff that the spammers use to find your e-mail will work. That said, once your e-mail address is out there, you're done. All the lists are online, shared and exchanged. Best bet is a good spam filter. For every 'valid' e-mail I get these days, 10 go into my spam filter.

Then again, I expect one of these days I will hit it big. Those Nigerian things can't ALL be scams!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

I have received untold scams from my parts wanted post:

Dear Sir- we have the item you require in stock...

I reply asking for a picture and it ends.
          Dan Margolien
          Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
          Www.yankeechapter.org
          Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
          X