Need a reliable shipper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a reliable shipper

I have been using Interstate Auto Shippers for my shipping needs, but they seem to have disappeared. I tried USHIP, but wasn't satisfied with the results. Can anyone recommend a shipper they have used with good results? I've searched the forum with no results. I need to ship a Panhead from NC to Pa.

Thanks for any help,
    SF
    Member 24068

This thread is not too old. Hope it helps.

http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bbo...21297-Shipping
    Eric Olson
    Membership #18488

Comment

Thanks, Eric. I searched with "shipping" as the argument, but never got that post.....hmmm.

SF
      Member 24068

Comment

I did the same search and didn't see anything either, so I did a google search for "AMCA forum shipping" and that is the first thing that came back. Unfortunate thats its easier to go outside the forum search tool to find what you're looking for, but whatever works right? Good luck Semper Fi.
        Eric Olson
        Membership #18488

Comment

I have used 800haulbikes (Daily Direct) about 20 times for bikes. Vintage bikes and when I ship modern bikes out to places where I want to start rides from (or home). I generally take my bike to an HD dealer for loading... and have it delivered to a dealer. It saves you money and makes sure someone "professional" receives it. Any HD dealer worth their salt is glad to have a vintage bike dropped off. Some charge me a small fee ($50 or so). For modern bikes, I generally tell them that when the bike arrives, change the oil and detail it... and the 'dropoff' is free.

The haulbikes folks have been fantastic. The drivers are riders, too. They treat vintage bikes as though they were religious icons. The trucks are spotless and I have never had an issue.

Just my experience... I'm about to have them ship a bike out to Portland, OR for some riding out West. Great folks.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

call eugene vidal he is in miami fl. every two weeks he drives to nyc. if your near i95 he will do it. Seller can help load . he wont leave until the seller is happy with how the bike is loaded eugene" # 305 582 5510
            rob ronky #10507
            www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

I have used Larrry Beachler to haul many bikes from many places and has never let me down. He runs west to east and back so depending on where he is at the time can be two weeks or 6. I use him whenever I can. 53 foot rig, wood floors, only hauls bikes and the guy that picks them up delivers them. If I am in a hurry I use keyboardmotorcycle shippers. I found them from buyers picking bikes up from me. I am using them to move a 47 velocette KSS now from FL.

Larry's number is 209-495-3729 and his company is eagle one
              Keyboardmotorcycleshipping.com yes, they move bikes and pianos. They're more expensive than larry but can make the run quicker if larry is enroute west when you need him going east.

Tell Larry Bob Greene in CA sent you. Great guy and never had an issue.

Comment

I have used Daily Direct, but Keyboard is good also, thanks, Larry

Comment

I ship bikes several times a year, I always deal with Keyboard. They may cost a little extra and be a little slower than some of the people on UShip and other shipping companies may quote but they do what they say when they say they will. I have had nightmare experiences with people on UShip. I will never use it again.

Comment

Keyboard knocked over a knuck that I shipped and broke the mirror off [it was repop anyway]

Comment

Just don't use Federal Allied

Originally posted by duffeycycles View Post
                      Keyboard knocked over a knuck that I shipped and broke the mirror off [it was repop anyway]
                      I have no comment on suggested carriers. I used Federal allied for many many years with good results. Service went to hell. Last bike delivered the two monkeys in the truck acted like they never saw a motorcycle. Unhooked tie down straps and let the strap hardware fall and chip the fender. Then they started yanking on the 106 yr. old handlebars to get it off the pallet. And this was my 1908 Model 7 Thor. I crawled up the tommy lift into the truck and told them I would handle it. Then you get told to get out of the truck. I explained to both they would get flying lessons if they touched it again. Called the management office and got nothing but excuses and lip service. Then a free gift showed up in the mail that broke trying to get it out of the package. Class act!

I am looking also. I have about decided on Haul Bikes.

Steve Klein
                      The Klein Collection
                      Georgetown TX
                      Steve Klein
                      Collector . Conservator . Enthusiast
                      American Pre-teens - 1965
                      AMCA Member 12176
                      Cherokee Chapter President, Editor
                      www.CherokeeAMCA.org
                      Steve@SteveKlein.com
                      Georgetown, TX USA

Comment