Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show me your nipples! On your Indian PowerPlus rim, I mean...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show me your nipples! On your Indian PowerPlus rim, I mean...

Hello Forum. I am a new member from Australia (introduced to this forum by senior member hairynob24). I have posted a few older pics of my bikes in my album, but don't know if other members will be able to see them. They did come up using the "what's new" tab. Will try and yake some more recent photos.
    I was hoping to get some advice from the forum members regarding how to make dimples and spoke holes into a blank 23" Indian Powerplus clincher rim. For example do you make the dimples first then drill the spoke holes, or the other way around i.e spoke holes first then dimples? And what is the best tool to make the dimples? A jewelers doming punch?

Is there any source for PowerPlus spokes and nipples?

Any help appreciated. This is a great forum.

Originally posted by littlejohn View Post
    Hello Forum. I am a new member from Australia (introduced to this forum by senior member hairynob24). I have posted a few older pics of my bikes in my album, but don't know if other members will be able to see them. They did come up using the "what's new" tab. Will try and yake some more recent photos.
    I was hoping to get some advice from the forum members regarding how to make dimples and spoke holes into a blank 23" Indian Powerplus clincher rim. For example do you make the dimples first then drill the spoke holes, or the other way around i.e spoke holes first then dimples? And what is the best tool to make the dimples? A jewelers doming punch?

Is there any source for PowerPlus spokes and nipples?

Any help appreciated. This is a great forum.
    My experience with sheet metal suggests that, if holes were drilled first then the dimpling exercise would produce cracks (breaks) in the sheet metal. Dimpling first would allow the metal to stretch without breaking a weakened area. ... of course, I'm concerned about a stress-induced warping. Maybe you need a fixture for the rim.
    I'm interested in your experiment.

Comment

I mean this with all due respect, but I would buy a new rim from McRoberts. His rims are beautiful, safe, and will deffinately hold a clincher tire. I think by the time you go through all the grief of locating, drilling, and dimpling, you would gladly rather buy one.

Al McRoberts
      1218 S. 11 1/2 Road
      Harrietta, Michigan 49638
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
      X