Dale Cashman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dale Cashman

Can anyone provide info on how to contact Dale Cashman in regards to generator work ?

46servi, just sent a PM with info. Good luck, Fred.
    Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

I don't know for certain but I heard that Dale was no longer doing generators.
      Be sure to visit;
      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Rich Brown (HD Generator Service) does excellent generator work. His cell number is (860) 985-3245.
        Bill Pedalino
        Huntington, New York
        AMCA 6755

Comment

Mr. Cashman told me a little over a year ago he was cutting way back, and to contact Rich Brown for generator work.
          VPH-D

Comment

I had Dale do my generator last spring and he told me I was the last one and he was moving south.
            Bob Selph
            1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
            1940 Sport Scout
            AMCA#15215

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pedalino View Post
              Rich Brown (HD Generator Service) does excellent generator work. His cell number is (860) 985-3245.
              I just had Rich Brown Rebuild my 32e generator! Excellent work! Fast turn around too, at least for me it was about 3-4 weeks from the time I mailed it, to the time I got it back. Just don't try to rebuild it yourself with aftermarket coils.... Let's just say it didn't go so well.
              Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Howdy Jim,

And your experience with aftermarket field coils?? I have a 32E in a 41FL in working order needing only shunt coil to be perfectly operational. As the regulated coil is paper also paper wrapped want to replace both. Anyone have any recommendations, leaving for Daytona in 3 wks and wAnt to resolve.
                Cheerio,
                Peter
                1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

Originally posted by PRG View Post
                  Howdy Jim,

And your experience with aftermarket field coils?? I have a 32E in a 41FL in working order needing only shunt coil to be perfectly operational. As the regulated coil is paper also paper wrapped want to replace both. Anyone have any recommendations, leaving for Daytona in 3 wks and want to resolve.
                  I can only say what my experience is with the aftermarket coils was bad. My Gen worked with the bike running with no lights, then if I turn on the lights, the ammeter would discharge. I took it apart and found that the one coil was shot. I replaced both coils with aftermarket ones, and put it back together... and then the generator did not work at all with the lights on or off. Then again... I suppose I have to admit there is more to rebuilding a generator than just replacing the coils. There are tolerances between the coils and the armature that I didn't know about. However, all that being said, I would just send any other generator out to be rebuilt rather than trying it myself again. I know you probably cannot have one rebuild within that amount of time. However... maybe Rich has an "Exchange" program? Where you send him yours, and he sends you a different generator already rebuilt? I am not sure, but it is worth a phone call or email to him. Find his ad in the AMCA Magazine for 32E generators rebuilding service.
                  Last edited by Jim; 02-10-2014, 11:07 AM.
                  Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Richie will do an exchange or will sell one outright.
                    Bill Pedalino
                    Huntington, New York
                    AMCA 6755

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pedalino View Post
                      Richie will do an exchange or will sell one outright.
                      Perfect solution!
                      Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Working...
                      X