i found a 1912 single indian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i found a 1912 single indian

i found a 1912 indain single in a shed and the guy who owns it wants to sell it. What is a fair price? It looks to have most of the parts there. It has good compression and spark. The bad is that the frame and wheels have been painted.
    I have pictures if someone could help me.

Holy cow! Thats a heck of a find. Pics will help those who know about them give a ballpark price. I can post the pictures (assuming they are digital) for you if you are able to email them to me or I can try and step you through the process to post them here yourself. Send me a private message by clicking on my board name then "private message" if you need/want assistence.

Updated with pics per the post above
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Skirted; 01-16-2014, 01:19 PM.
    Jason Zerbini
    Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
    Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

In this day and age, these don't pop up too often as a barn find any more. Looks like a typical 1960's paint over to make it a little more presentable. No chain guard or clutch/pedal guard either. No footboards All these are readily available from Ziggy K from Ontario. Few broken fins which is always fun.My first resto was a 1913 single. The carb is right and they by themselves are $1500 The single speed clutch restored can set you back $1500 plus...the frame is a hardtail, people like them to build racers, (1913 introduced the cradlespring frame) another $3000 plus You get the idea. Looks like it might even run....bonus if it does. I'd start at 10K and see where it goes. Anything less is robbery and even another 5K might not look so bad. The situation is you are buying off of one person, if it were at Waseon or auction...whole new ballgame.
      Ross

Comment

Should have mentioned I have a 1912 engine that would look great in there. It I had a chance on it I probably would step up. If it were twin you could add double my rough guess.
        Ross

Comment

Whoops..on closer inspection it does not have the proper hedstrom carb. That's a big deduction as you will have to shell out between $1500 and $2000 for a correct one. Consider that in your offer.
          Ross

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
            Whoops..on closer inspection it does not have the proper hedstrom carb. That's a big deduction as you will have to shell out between $1500 and $2000 for a correct one. Consider that in your offer.
            Thanks Ross I need all the help i can get. the thing of it is it is in a shed about 100 ft from my shop. So no long travels to get.

Comment

Ross is your engine different than the one in it?

Comment

It's a 12 twin. Would bolt right in.
                Ross

Comment

Nice find!!! Ross is definitely correct on it costing you to make it "correct". Aside from that you could always just ride it and enjoy it. The pedals are looking kinda modern too... Seriously though it's getting pretty rare to find them like that. Scoop it up if you can!
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

very cool, lucky fellow - git it and ride it!

Comment

Working...
                    X