Winter Issue arrival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Issue arrival

I got my winter issue of the club magazine today and was wondering how long ago others may have gotten thiers.
    Thanks
    Tom

My issue showed up a little over a week ago.
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Mine came around 12/16 or 12/17
      Jason Zerbini
      Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
      Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

My renewal date on my check was 12/12, so mine arrived 12/9 or 12/10.

Comment

Got mine on the 16th of this month. Dale

Comment

got mine 1st week of dec

Comment

Got mine in eastern PA yesterday 12/26/2013...

Comment

Thanks for replys.Over 2 week difference in delivery dates.Does the mag distributor not send them out the same time or is the issue with USPS?
                Thanks
                Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tfburke3 View Post
                  Over 2 week difference in delivery dates.Does the mag distributor not send them out the same time or is the issue with USPS?
                  I believe the USPS can hold magazines for up to a week in times of heavy mail delivery, which this Christmas season definitely was. Lots of stories in the news about how they, UPS, and FedEx all were overwhelmed this year by unexpectedly high volume. Apparently half the country waited until the last minute and then ordered all their gifts on-line. Many deliveries by UPS and FedEx that were "guaranteed" for no later than the 24th still haven't shown up (including one of mine, now rescheduled for the end of today).

Comment

Thanks for replies.I ordered stuff on line,shipped USPS, a week before Christmas and got it before the 25th.Thanks
                    Tom

Comment

Are they going to 6 issues a year? If so when

Comment

I never received the first one, I emailed and they said they would be glad to send another one. That was a week ago and still nothing yet. My buddy whom is the same zip code got his on the 16th of Dec. I don't get it.
                        1959 XLCH

Comment

Originally posted by 36 knuck man View Post
                          Are they going to 6 issues a year? If so when
                          A clue to that is that as of October, when they were still working on the Winter issue, the following one was tentatively called the "March/April" issue. Something I wrote will be in that issue, and I'm finishing another piece for the following one (May/June?).

Comment

Thanks for the reports on magazine delivery--this is always useful information for us.

A couple of notes:

--All magazines are sent on the same day from the same location--Pontiac, Illinois, which is where the magazine is printed. The Winter issue was mailed the day before Thanksgiving (Nov. 27). There do seem to be considerable differences in arrival times at various locations, particularly with this issue, since it coincides with the Christmas postal rush.

--Yes, we are going to six issues in 2014! The next issue will go out on the same time frame as the Spring issue would have, which means it will mail about Feb. 24. It will be renamed "March/April," and after that, you'll receive a new issue every other month. That means we will no longer have a magazine mailing right on top of the Christmas rush, so maybe that will improve delivery next year.

Happy New Year, everybody.

Bill Wood

Comment

Originally posted by wlwood View Post
                              --Yes, we are going to six issues in 2014! The next issue will go out on the same time frame as the Spring issue would have, which means it will mail about Feb. 24. It will be renamed "March/April," and after that, you'll receive a new issue every other month. That means we will no longer have a magazine mailing right on top of the Christmas rush, so maybe that will improve delivery next year.

Happy New Year, everybody.

Bill Wood

WooHoo!!! Good news, it IS a....
                              ...HAPPY NEW YEAR...!
                              Rich

Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Working...
                              X