1933 VL Build Starts on Black Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1933 VL Build Starts on Black Friday

In just four days, I'll be starting a complete rebuild of a 1933 VL. The plan is to go from a set of cases to a complete running motorcycle in the next 6 months. Then spend the summer breaking it in so it can be shipped to California in the fall of 2014 for a cross country ride back to the east coast. Digital coverage of the build will be provided by both Riding Vintage and Bikernet. The trip itself will be covered in print in American Iron Motorcycle Bagger magazine. You can find out more in my kickoff article on Riding Vintage. While your there, take some time to check out my sponsors, I couldn't be doing this without them!

The Countdown Begins...
    1964 FLH
    1972 R75/5
    1996 XL1200C
    2001 R1200C
    2007 FXSTB
    Blog: Riding Vintage
    Check out Riding Vintage on Facebook

Sounds like a great project and endeavor! Best of luck and we'll be watching.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Yep, very interesting - good luck. We will be watching + pulling for ya.

Comment

Good Luck and I'm sure we all love the 1933 VLs, arguably the first Art Deco Harley. I've got two freshly restored ones for sale at www.vlheaven.com if you get stuck.

Comment

If you plan on using repop tanks,do yourself a favor,remove any soldered on fittings and resolder them before painting.I personally have had 3 failures and know of 2 others.

Comment

Working...
          X