San Francisco 49 Mile Ride, this sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Francisco 49 Mile Ride, this sunday

Hey guys. It's time again for the San Francisco 49 Mile Ride. Here's the info, I hope to see you there. Last year we had 75 old bikes, we're looking for 76 or more of them this year.

Pete, Kim, and Sirisvati

4th Annual SF 49 Mile Ride
    Hosted by the Antique Motorcycle Club of America,
    Yerba Buena chapter
    Sunday 24 October 2004

Meet at
    Café Trieste in Sausalito, 1000 Bridgeway Blvd
    Ride leaves at 9:30 am
    Finish at Zeitgeist bar, 199 Valencia St., SF
    bring cash for BBQ lunch

Ride is FREE, T shirts are $11
    All old bikes and bikers welcome
    (pre-1975 bikes if possible)

For info: Pete 415.864.2194
    pete@614engineering.com

Take some pictures Pete. Sendem' on over.

Comment

Yesterday was the 4th annual SF 49 Mile Ride. It went well, with 48-50 riders and bikes at the start in Sausalito, putting on new T shirts and temporary tattoos. Cafe Trieste were gracious with the coffee as we filled the street in front of their shop with dirty old smelly motorbikes. The weather was sunny and warm, and we all made jokes about the folks that skipped the ride due to fears of raindrops. There were some bikes that had been freshly restored, some bobbers, some scooters, and an assortment of bikes from Japan, Italy, USA, England, and Germany. As we left Sausalito and rode through Fort Baker, the views of Angel Island, Alcatraz, SF, etc were excellent. Stopping for photos at the top of the hill in the Marin Headlands, the view of SF and the Golden Gate Bridge made a nice backdrop behind the bikes. Some photos will be posted soon in the "photos" section of the Yahoo web group for the Yerba Buena club. http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/yerbabuenaAMCA/
      I'll also see if the webmaster can put some here on the AMCA forum someplace.

The fun continued as we ran into several thousand joggers running a marathon in GG park. Later, after a few traffic revisions and much lane-splitting, we arrived safe and sound at Twin Peaks, then to Zeitgeist. The trivia contest stumped a few riders, which lead to lots of creative, but incorrect, answers. There were several awards, I'll list them below.

Random drawing, Door Prize ($20 gift certificate to Scuderia) - Kevin Burrell
      Most enthusiast riding (1 pound of Cafe Trieste coffee) - JC
      Long distance (silly SF postcards) - Pete and Lana from gold country
      Anniversary #18 (bottle of champagne) - Mark and Nancy Moldanado
      Anniversary #24 (bottle of champagne) - Rick and Loretta Najera
      Lady's Choice (Ghiradelli chocolates) - Charlie Taylor, 1938 Ariel Square 4
      My favorite bike (framed poster of Schebler carb) - Kevin Burrell, 1930's Norton
      2nd place on trivia contest (SF snow globe) - Nancy Moldanado
      Worst answers on trivia contest (Rice a Roni) - Jeff Guzitis
      Most correct answers on trivia contest (bottle of wine) - Paul d'Orleans

I hope to see you all on next year's ride.
      Regards,
      Pete, Kim and Sirisvati

Comment

Thanks for report and photos Pete. Great stuff! Photos now posted in road run photos sect. - bottom.

T-shirts still for sale?

Comment

49 mile t shirts

Of course we still have them for sale. They are black, with the artwork shown on the tempory tattoo image. It is a 1920's Frera V twin, shooting flames from the pipes, with wings on the rider's back.

The shirts are $11, available in any size, baby to XXXL. Long sleeves are $2 extra. I think XXL and XXXL might be $1 more from the shirt shop.

email me if you want one or three, and we'll mail them to you.

cheers
          pete

Comment

Working...
          X