The First Harley-Davidson Servi-Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The First Harley-Davidson Servi-Cars

Harley's three-wheeled Servi-Car had a 41 year continuous production run starting in 1932. This article covers the first 5 years and is loaded with great photos and even the original sales brochure. This is also the period when the Servi-Car was powered by the lesser know R-series side-valve engine.

The First Harley-Davidson Servi-Cars
    1964 FLH
    1972 R75/5
    1996 XL1200C
    2001 R1200C
    2007 FXSTB
    Blog: Riding Vintage
    Check out Riding Vintage on Facebook

Thanks for all the pictures, Jim. I love the wrap around bumper on the City Chevrolet servi. Bob#6738
    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Cool website on servi-cars! Can anyone tell me the correct speedo and speedo mount for my 1935 Servicar? Thanks!

Comment

Your Corbin mount should be the same as the VL one, which I make along with the two special Corbin mounting screws. The speedo would still be an accessory in 1935, by which time the max speed and internally lighted heads were available in both 80 and 100 mph. I don't think you should take a judging deduction whatever you fit. If you are on a budget, as we all are, Janus has a few 'commercial' Corbin heads (converted from rev counters) with no odometers, at slightly less insane prices. Nice bike!

Comment

Very cool photos and well written history. The rear bumper and speedo were both options for the early Servis. This was during the depression and it is interesting to see how many of them had a speedo on them.

Comment

Working...
          X