1933 Pine to Palm Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1933 Pine to Palm Tour

This is a great story and collection of photos about two young men from Winnipeg and their journey from Canada to Los Angeles, CA. Leaving in December of 1933, they rode their motorcycles south to Texas and then west to California. The photos came from a scrapbook that they put together after the trip and has been passed down through their family until it was scanned and uploaded to Flickr. Special thanks to yourlonestar for letting me use these images.

1933 Pine to Palm Tour
    1964 FLH
    1972 R75/5
    1996 XL1200C
    2001 R1200C
    2007 FXSTB
    Blog: Riding Vintage
    Check out Riding Vintage on Facebook

Awezum photos! Bet the windshields were a great asset on the first part of the trip while they were frizzin their bunzoff! Love the airplane-gas station, probably sold av-gas, right?
    Rich
    Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Awesome post - I really like the Super X's, great shot's. I have read that they were quite a machine, but have seen almost none on club runs. In about 25 years on the runs I have been, I have seen maybe 4 and of those - all died early in the run, stuck valves. Except for Richard Ostranders, which ran very well. Just wish I would of paid more attention to it then, as they seem to be quite rare. Good luck on your ride, bet you will never be sorry you did it. I have done a couple on modern HD's, always glad I did em. One or two on my Sport Scout also, which was a blast!

Comment

I see on the back on the panniers one side has AMA and the other has MMC wounder if the MMC stands for Manitoba Motorcycle Club?
        Chuck
        AMCA Member#1848

Comment

That would make a great modern road run.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Working...
          X