Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henderson book

Hi

I came across this ad http://www.hendersonkj.com/books/index.html for a book on Henderson.

Does anyone know if this is a current ad ?

Cheers
    Steve
    1914 P&M
    1915 Indian (project)
    1930 M50 Panther
    1958 M35sport Panther

I would say that is not a current ad. I saw that about 2 years ago and contacted him. Called and talked to him for a while, very nice gentleman and informative, but told me the book had been out of print for quite some time. Maybe a used copy somewhere. Bob #6738
    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Thanks Bob, I thought that might be the case so thought I would ask before going to the trouble of contacting him directly. Anyone have a copy for me ?
      Cheers
      Steve
      1914 P&M
      1915 Indian (project)
      1930 M50 Panther
      1958 M35sport Panther

Comment

I have one, good book - I have seen a couple on e bay from time to time. Lot's of good info and pictures/drawings of the early Henderson's.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Lovejoy View Post
          I have one, good book - I have seen a couple on e bay from time to time. Lot's of good info and pictures/drawings of the early Henderson's.
          Ditto. I also have one, bought it when Rich first brought them out. He had an early Henderson at one of our bike shows, with the book, must have been 1994 or so. He's got all the creds, does immaculate restorations, a great ambassador of our sport, and now 85 years young!

Comment

You can also check Amazon. Used books like this come up on that site all the time.

Comment

This is general info. Sometimes you can turn up a copy by googling the ISBN.
              Hendersons, those elegant machines: The complete history of Henderson motorcycles, 1911-1931 Hardcover
              by Richard Henry Schultz

Product Details: Hardcover: 219 pages
              Publisher: Pine Hill Press (1994)
              Language: English
              ISBN-10: 0964268809
              ISBN-13: 978-0964268807
              Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

There was talk that Rich was going to update his original book and was looking for some help with the post Detroit Hendersons. I hope that happens, and he gives the mighty 1919 Z2 more than one paragraph. My hat is off to him because even though the Henderson only lasted for 20 model years, they packed a lot of interesting history, and story into that time.
                Eric Smith
                AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
                X