Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why We Ride - The Film, Coming to a theatre near you November 1

To all AMCA Members Worldwide;

I just found out two days ago that a new film, Why We Ride, is about to be released. Click on this link to see a 4.5 minute trailer of the film http://whyweridefilm.com/screenings-videos.html
    or Google www.whyweridefilm.com Here is all I know today, but just wish to share!
    (If anything is slightly inaccurate.. there is certainly no intention by myself to mislead anyone.)

About two years ago two men contacted David "Huggie Bear" Hansen, owner for 40+ years of The Shop in Ventura California about interviewing him for a documentary on The Life of Ed Kretz. Hansen did the interview and also provided more names of others to be interviewed on the same topic. A couple weeks passed and the movie duo returned to Hansens shop to tell him they not only would still do the Ed Kretz Documentary, but they were also going to do a movie on Why We Ride. Why? They were simply "blown away" by how passionate people in our sport are about their motorcycles and the particular part of the sport they are / were involved in.

When you watch the trailer you will see David "Huggie Bear" Hansen (orange shop shirt) as well as 55+ year Motor Maid veteran and Motor Maid Ambassador Gloria Trenantin wearing her normal light blue Motor Maids t-shirt. Gloria was born in a room behind her parents motorcycle shop in 1925 in New Jersey. At a very young age her older brother forced her to ride a motorcycle even though she did not want to and history was born that day. Gloria attended the Hollywood Red Carpet Gala to see the film last week with her daughter and granddaughter. You know doubt will recognise other people whom I do not know as well in the trailer and most likely many riders within the actual movie.

According to Hansen this movie is a "modern day version" of the 1971 cult classic On Any Sunday that was produced then by Bruce Brown and partially financed by Steve McQueen. We now know that On Any Sunday is actually the first "Reality Film" produced as no actors were in it but only real riders such as McQueen, Malcolm Smith, Dave Smith (Lumberton TX), Mert Lawwill and the then young and crazy Dave Aldana, among others. We know that virtually all types of riding were shown and for at least myself... It was very influential and instrumental at my young age in developing my interest in the sport. (OK so was The Great Escape and the 13 yr. old boy down the gravel road who owned a Red 57 Cushman Eagle with a straight pipe.)

Take a moment now to view this trailer and also Google the movie to read and watch more. I simply wanted to share this with as many motorycle enthusiasts as possible at this date. Movies on our sport are not that prolific. Motorcycle themed movies simply don't have illicit sex scenes, Bruce Willis or futuristic robots who blow up buildings every 3 minutes.

I simply hope this new movie serves as a viable starting point of inspiration to many tens of thousands of youngsters in this generation so that we continue to have enthusiasts in our sport into the future as well.

Please Spread The Word in your Region!
    All The Best
    Steve Klein
    Collector . Conservator . Enthusiast
    American Pre-teens - 1965
    AMCA Member 12176
    Cherokee Chapter President, Editor
    www.CherokeeAMCA.org
    Steve@SteveKlein.com
    Georgetown, TX USA

Looks like fun, thanks.

Comment

I and many friends were also interviewed for this and I very much look forward to seeing it soon.
      Buzz Kanter
      Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
      [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
      [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

Just an FYI... That's Gloria Tramontin. Her family had Tramontin Harley Davidson in Hope NJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
          Just an FYI... That's Gloria Tramontin. Her family had Tramontin Harley Davidson in Hope NJ.
          And Clifton, NJ on Lexington Ave.
          AMCA #3149
          http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Luland View Post
            And Clifton, NJ on Lexington Ave.

Yep, miss that place!

Comment

Bub.......
              D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

I had to dig deep, deep, deep into the archives for this one. That was a great dealership. The woman there in the early 80s always had a box of dog treats in the desk and my Beagle new right were to find them. Bob L
                Attached Files
                AMCA #3149

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                  Very sorry I misspelled her name and thank you for pointing such out.
                  Steve Klein
                  Collector . Conservator . Enthusiast
                  American Pre-teens - 1965
                  AMCA Member 12176
                  Cherokee Chapter President, Editor
                  www.CherokeeAMCA.org
                  Steve@SteveKlein.com
                  Georgetown, TX USA

Comment

Can't wait to see the movie! I'm hoping to bring some non-riding friends and open their eyes.
                    Member # 18376 - According to the AMCA guidelines, I'm 1 year from being classified "antique"
                    1969 Honda CB350 - Winner's Circle 2014
                    1972 Norton Commando Combat (In process)

Comment

Here's another Tramontin relic...
                      DSCF5812.jpgDSCF5814.jpg

Comment

That's cool beans for sure. Not to many of them around. He sure liked merchandizing himself. Bob L
                        AMCA #3149

Comment

thanks for th eheads up. In hawaii it means sometime next year, maybe we can catch this while visiting Colorado in Dec/Jan time frame.

Comment

Very cool! Thanks for posting this.

Phil
                            Phil Clement

Comment

What do you think of the movie?

Originally posted by Buzz Kanter View Post
                              I and many friends were also interviewed for this and I very much look forward to seeing it soon.
                              I presume that someone on this thread has seen "Why We Ride" by now. Sooooo, what do you think of it?

Our club, Vintage Iron Riders, have a movie as part of our January meeting. This might be a good movie for that event. What do you think?
                              George Tinkham
                              Springfield, IL
                              www.virmc.com
                              AMCA # 1494
                              1941 Indian 841
                              1948 Indian Chief
                              1956 H-D KHK
                              1960 CH
                              1964 BMW R69S
                              1966 Honda Touring Benly (aka "150 Dream")
                              1984 Moto Guzzi V65Sp

Comment

Working...
                              X