Rebirth of an American Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebirth of an American Classic

After getting waitlisted for the Cannonball run next year, a buddy and I hatched a plan to do our own cross country run on pre-'36 motorcycles. The basic plan is to build the motorcycles, ship them out to California and then ride them home to NC. I turn 40 next fall, so it seemed like a good thing to get off my bucket list too.

Well, a month into planning, my buddy picked up a '34 VLD on a trade, so he's already way ahead of me. My plan was to sell my Softail to pay for the build, but after 4 months on Craigslist and 6 weeks on eBay, it's still sitting in my garage. So with time running short, I decided to give crowd sourcing a shot. Here's what I put together on Indiegogo:

Rebirth of an American Classic

If anyone is interested is helping to get this project off the ground, there are a couple other ways to get involved outside of Indiegogo. First, just getting the word out about the campaign (Facebook, Twitter, etc) would make a big difference. Anything to get more people to see the site. Secondly, supporting the advertisers on Riding Vintage helps too and costs nothing. Those clicks do add up.

Of course the entire build and trip will be covered on Riding Vintage, so I'll keep everyone up to date with my progress there.

Thanks for the support.

Panhead Jim
    1964 FLH
    1972 R75/5
    1996 XL1200C
    2001 R1200C
    2007 FXSTB
    Blog: Riding Vintage
    Check out Riding Vintage on Facebook

Hi Jim,
    Have you seen this?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harle...7a892f&vxp=mtr