epoxy tank sealer verses Kreem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• epoxy tank sealer verses Kreem

With methanol being used in current gasolines, does the Kreem tank sealer hold up to this stuff? Does anyone have opinions on epoxy tank sealers compared to the Kreem stuff?

Here's a product that sounds pretty good.
    www.caswellplating.com/aids/epoxygas.htm
    Has any one used this stuff?

I just Kreemed a tank a couple of months ago so it's too early to tell. The tank wasn't leaking, I used it more for an anti-rust coating. I know a couple of guys that have had Kreem "let go" but who can say whether it was alcohol or poor prep. Acetone will dissolve kreem quite easily and a guy I know who repairs tanks uses it to remove old coatings before welding. I've never heard anything bad about "Redcoat" or the "POR-!5" stuff.

Comment

As for the product Kreem? The only thing in the long run it will do is cause you problems, if you use it for a quick fix and dont care about the long run its fine, other than that throw it in the can! Over the last20 years or so Ive never seen anything but bad come of it! Ifn fact when looking over a MC and I see the tanks have been done with it I usually look the other way,or really give the bike a going over! Remember getting it out of the tank will not be as easy as it went in! SO I guess the lesson is USER BEWARE!!!

Comment

caswell's...

works for me. I've tried Kreem and POR's and both failed the first season. Caswells been in my VL tanks for 3+ years now and still intact. I was in an accident last year and smashed my tank, split the solder seam, but still didn't leak. When I took the tank apart to fix the dent the Caswells was still bonded to the steel.

Comment

Working...
        X