No announcement yet.

Applause to Herbert Wagner and the entire AMCA Magazine Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

("Therefore... I wish to thank our "AMCA Magazine Team" and also Historian and Writer, Herb Wagner for an excellent article in the Fall Edition entitled "Nothing Scares a Young Fellow".)

I also agree Joe. Between Herb's articles on the "Pennington" and Class C Racing and his classic book "At the Creation" it just doesn't get much better. Herb has forgotten more than I will ever know. He has changed the history of motorcycling in our country for ever. Herb is also a very good speaker as I attended both his talks 10 years ago at the Milwaukee County Historical Society and the Wisconsin State Historical Society. (Has it been that long ago) I have been bugging Herb for years to come to Davenport and share his knowledge with his readers. Hopefully one of these years he will.

Dick

Comment

On my return to the club,the thing that impressed me most,was the improvement to the magazine.At one time it was a typical club mag,with mainly pics and reports of swap meets,not very interesting if you're in the UK and don't get to them or know the people in the pics.Now it's a "stand alone" mag that's worth the $40 subs.
      American bikes are a labour of love in the UK,a lot of it is over priced scrap or poor repop parts.Buying from the US can be a little painfull.
      I've just bought a part costing $34,the postage was $9,and the tax and handling fee this end $20.A part costing $34 ends up as $63 in my hand.Scale that up to a $300 part,and you'll see where I'm coming from.
      That being said,I stick with it.

Comment

Originally posted by pem View Post

He has changed the history of motorcycling in our country for ever.

Dick
        Precisely! He's been quite the historical detective. I'm a big fan of your "Waverley" coverage too Dick. Great stuff!!!
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

I also want to thank everyone who contributes to the magazine and all the volunteers at the meets.
          One of my regrets in life is not joining the AMCA sooner. Just think, where would all these MC's be
          if the founders hadn't started this club? All this valuable information has been gathered for present and
          future stewards to keep them on the road. With quality researching and writing like Herb Wagner and others,
          the information is there to maintain authenticity.
          Bob

Comment

Working...
          X