Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bonnevile Salt Flats Record set on 1945 Knucklehead

Dear AMCA Members;
    I just wished to share a link to Facebook on Bob Lewis from Victoria TX. Bob is retired, works on his bike mostly by himself with what he has and some occassional help from others who wish him well in his speed attempts. Much like Burt Munro, he does not have huge corporate sponsors, a fancy race rig and a full race crew. He has himself, a box full of tools and a buddy or two who help when they can. Take a moment below to look at this link and send your applause to him if you have ti

https://www.facebook.com/AndrewsProductsInc

All The Best
    Last edited by stevekleincustom; 09-10-2013, 05:04 PM. Reason: link pasted in was incorect
    Steve Klein
    Collector . Conservator . Enthusiast
    American Pre-teens - 1965
    AMCA Member 12176
    Cherokee Chapter President, Editor
    www.CherokeeAMCA.org
    Steve@SteveKlein.com
    Georgetown, TX USA

Thanks for posting that Steve. It's good to hear that the "regular guy" can still succeed on the competition front.
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
      Thanks for posting that Steve. It's good to hear that the "regular guy" can still succeed on the competition front.
      That is what fascinated me and prompted me to post this. He is very normal guy who had a dream and then.................... He did it!
      God Bless America!
      Steve Klein
      Collector . Conservator . Enthusiast
      American Pre-teens - 1965
      AMCA Member 12176
      Cherokee Chapter President, Editor
      www.CherokeeAMCA.org
      Steve@SteveKlein.com
      Georgetown, TX USA

Comment

I hope to be out there in 2015 to set a record on 4 wheels... more to follow.

In the interim... what an awesome bike, guy and story! Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by sirhrmechanic View Post
            I hope to be out there in 2015 to set a record on 4 wheels... more to follow.

In the interim... what an awesome bike, guy and story! Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

Sirhr
            I can just imagine what those four wheels might be. Bonneville is an awesome place. 2015 eh? I'm due for another trip to the salt.
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
            X