2013 Rigid Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Rigid Ride

As always, Pete has good stuff on his blog!

That Victor fella really gets around and that upside down four of Red Fred's is awesome!

http://occhiolungo.wordpress.com/201...13-rigid-ride/
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Cool bikes Cory ,that 33 Chief i was trying to hunt that one down resenty ,Rob

Comment

Been to that area and what a great route for a ride. Beautiful places. Great pics and nice mixture of old bikes. Thanks for posting Cory.
      Note: I missed it the first time through but at the bottom of last pic there is small print and a link to more pictures of the event as well as a link from the 2009 ride when the fish on the fence post was a little fresher. Excellent pics. Whoever the photgrapher was gets a star!
      Last edited by Skirted; 08-16-2013, 08:54 AM. Reason: Note:
      Jason Zerbini
      Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
      Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

I looked at pix great job, however the chief your calling a 33 is a 34 note angled 14 mm plugs real 33 chief in hebron pix thanks Bob

Comment

I just looked at the other photos,Skirted mentioned it show that 34 a few times ,the other ridge Chief in raw metal is what 35 ? and the primer one 37-39 ? I still would like an early 30s Chief,like that 34 ,Rob

Comment

more pics if you want them

thanks Jason. I'm glad you liked the pics. There are a lot more. We've done the ride for 7 years now, and various pics are located here: http://occhiolungo.wordpress.com/?s=rigid+ride

regards,
            Pete

Originally posted by Skirted View Post
            Been to that area and what a great route for a ride. Beautiful places. Great pics and nice mixture of old bikes. Thanks for posting Cory.
            Note: I missed it the first time through but at the bottom of last pic there is small print and a link to more pictures of the event as well as a link from the 2009 ride when the fish on the fence post was a little fresher. Excellent pics. Whoever the photgrapher was gets a star!

Comment

Matchless X, v-twin? First time view for me!
              I think I'd read of Brits building v-twins other than the Brough and Vincent, but..
              lots of studying left for this kid. Wow!

Comment

Oh yeah, there were a lot of V twins in England, especially in the early days around WWI. Companies like BAT, NUT, Coventry Eagle, Montgomery, Rover, Raliegh, AJW, Premier, BSA, Rudge, James, OEC, AJS, Royal Enfield, etc. all offered V twins at some point. JAP sold a lot of twins to various companies too, who dropped them into frames and painted whatever name they wanted on the tank. In the 1930's it was reduced down to probably a dozen companies with V twins, and after the war is was considerably less, just a few.

take care.
                Pete

Originally posted by fillibuster View Post
                Matchless X, v-twin? First time view for me!
                I think I'd read of Brits building v-twins other than the Brough and Vincent, but..
                lots of studying left for this kid. Wow!

Comment

Working...
                X