Thanks to Buzz -AmerIron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to Buzz -AmerIron

I found myself slummin around the grocery store magazine rack tonight- 10min trip turned into 50. Thanks for the antique coverage. Really like reading about Louie and Dale. It would have been great if Dales story was in color. Smokin' eng. shot was great. I laughed out loud a few times. All the antique stories brought a big smile to my face. Thanks. A big thanks for mentioning the club and our meets.

I think Louis has lost some weight? Maybe he's just gearin' up for a TV spot. Hey! --he's famous now!

Don't let it change you Louie! hee-hee....

No, not famous , just my 15 minutes of fame. Had to lose weight to ride the real old bikes, gets tough pedaling up the hills! I was pleased with the coverage from American Iron, I'm glad the club is getting the exposure from them. Thanks.

Louie

Comment

You are all very welcome. As the owner and Editor-in-Chief of American Iron Magazine, I try to cover AMCA type bikes and editorial each and every month in American Iron Magazine. We run at least one Classic American Iron bike feaure and at least 1 Indian Illustrated feature and some tech when we can fit it in.

When Dale offered to get my old 1924 Harley JDCA running after sitting with a frozen engine for a couple of decades I jumped at the opportunity. We followed his action over several issues of American Iron Magazine and, as always, ran the tech photos in black in white. Next month you can see the bike in it's finished glory in color. Original paint, so we did nothing more than clean it up.

I'm planning on having it at the Gotham Motorcycle Classic (www.GothamMC.com) on the Intrepid aircraft carrier Oct 9 and 10, 2004. My plan is to fire it up and ride it around a bit between all the custom Softails!

Buzz Kanter (member since 1992)

Comment

1924 Harley @ Gotham Motorcycle Classic

I brought the "rustoration" 1924 Harley JC to the Gotham Motorcycle Classic (www.GothamMC.com) in October and did fire it up and managed to ride it up and down the dock in front of the dock in front of the Intrepid aircraft carrier in NYC. What a blast!

I think the funniest part was when one of the bike show owners with a couple of very shiny and possibly over-restored J Harleys heard a guy complaining about "that rusty pile of junk" on display in front of the American Iron booth. He thought we should have been embarassed by it and should at least repaint it. The owner laughed and said my original '24 might be worth as much as 2 of his respored ones. The genisu thought the owner was kidding.

Oh well. In the meantime the '24 sits very happily in cold sotrage waiting for spring.

Comment

Thankfully people are starting to get educated as to the care, feeding, preservation of antiques. Hopefully the short sighted ultra-glossy days are behind us. Thanks Buzz. Look froward to seeing you do some laps one day.

Comment

Working...
          X