Two boys complete solo ride halfway across the US in 1913

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two boys complete solo ride halfway across the US in 1913

Not just another photo of kids on a motorcycle, these boys actually rode solo from Oklahoma to New York in 1913. Interesting piece of history, times have really changed...

The Abernathy Kids
    1964 FLH
    1972 R75/5
    1996 XL1200C
    2001 R1200C
    2007 FXSTB
    Blog: Riding Vintage
    Check out Riding Vintage on Facebook

Originally posted by panhead_jim View Post
    Not just another photo of kids on a motorcycle, these boys actually rode solo from Oklahoma to New York in 1913. Interesting piece of history, times have really changed...

The Abernathy Kids
    The wonder of pioneers.
    Kind of makes me feel rather small---for a moment or two or three.

Comment

Let's see today's kid's even think about trying something like that.
      20scout

Comment

Scout... I bet today's kids would think about it. If they didn't have their hovering, over-protective, helicopter parents swaddling them in armor to cross the street and making sure they never get more than 6 inches from the front door without a GPS collar and a helmet on. Shame we've lost that adventurous spirit...

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

I think that machine still survive's, seen it on here I think -this site, maybe Jurrasic?

Comment

second thought, think it's a different machine I was thinking of. Those kid's look mighty tough for their ages. Times made em tougher back then.

Comment

Originally posted by sirhrmechanic View Post
              Scout... I bet today's kids would think about it. If they didn't have their hovering, over-protective, helicopter parents swaddling them in armor to cross the street and making sure they never get more than 6 inches from the front door without a GPS collar and a helmet on. Shame we've lost that adventurous spirit...

Cheers,

Sirhr

Kids today would just do it on a computer.....lol

Comment

Working...
              X