Hannover Board Track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hannover Board Track

Last weekend we have been on the (real) Board Track at Hannover /Germany. It was hot, very hot but we had a lot of fun. I can prove now that 125ccm (7,6 cui) are enough to keep you in the wall. Have put a report (in german) to my Blog www.americancycles.blogspot.com with pics and a link to a webalbum with more photos.

Thomas
    AMCA Member #16550
    My Blog

Thomas... that is awesome! I only wish I could read German... but the photos are very, very cool!

Last edited by pisten-bully; 07-30-2013, 07:11 PM.
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Try Google Translate, but be prepared for a funny translation.
      The photo you copied, shows the youngest rider Ben on a special 125ccm /7,6cui AWD Boardtracker from the Fifties, built by his grand-grandfather August Wurring Düsseldorf and an Indian Repro Boardtracker.

Thomas
      AMCA Member #16550
      My Blog

Comment

Thomas... the funny translation is part of the charm... as always thanks for sharing this stuff!!! Any idea on what sort of speeds were attained?
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

We go in average 80kmh (50mph) on the concrete track in Bielefeld and a little slower on the wooden track in Hannover. Top speed is abt 90 kmh (56mph) by th 2 strokes. The board trackers are a bit slower.

Thomas
          AMCA Member #16550
          My Blog

Comment

Those are probably more sensible speeds on those tracks than those of yesteryear. The point of all this I would imagine is fun, not risking life and limb! It's really cool to see a "real" board track!
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
            X