Goulding Sidecar information needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goulding Sidecar information needed

I recently purchased a Goulding sidecar I was told it was off of a 49 panhead, I am going to mount it to my 1957 panhead.
    I am looking for information on mounting locations photos would be greatly appreciated the sidecar was removed quite a while ago from the 49 pan, looking the mounts over although I haven't set the bike and hack together yet it seems that I may have to remove the tool box?

The photos at the goulding site are not detailed enough for what I am looking for Any and all help is very appreciated!!

A couple of photos are attached
    PICT6429.jpgPICT6427.jpgPICT6464.jpgPICT6465.jpgPICT6432.jpg
    Chuck
    AMCA Member#1848

A couple more photos also looking for the sun burst trim that goes on the nose of the sidecar.
    Attached Files
    Chuck
    AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Chuck, It doesn't look like you'll have it done for Brookfield but bring it even if it's have ass. Beanie wants to go for a ride in a side car to see what it's like and it's going to be a couple more years on my 22. Bob
      AMCA #3149
      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

This is how my goulding sidecar is mounted to my 40EL, I dont know how they are supposed to be mounted, the front mount and the mount by the oil tank look factory but my rear mount looks home made.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Luland View Post
          Chuck, It doesn't look like you'll have it done for Brookfield but bring it even if it's have ass. Beanie wants to go for a ride in a side car to see what it's like and it's going to be a couple more years on my 22. Bob
          Hi Bob,
          It won't make Brookfield, I was hoping to have the pan complete by September but the purchase of the goulding pushes that back at this point I am hoping to have both the pan and goulding at Oley next year.
          As for Brookfield I am still planing on going but won't be there till Friday I have a dr appointment for another injection in my lower spine on Thursday, but depending on how I am feeling I may take the roadglide with sidecar if Beanie is willing to lower her standard's I'll run her around in that?
          Chuck
          AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Mounting hardware locations

Thanks Matt

It does look like your rear mount is home made I see that your top mount is a bit different than mine yours also looks like it is braised to the frame to stop any movement on the frame. Mine has a u-bolt and a formed saddle to hold it in place.
            I am missing the front lower mount for mine, I am still hoping that he may find it, I have attached some photos of my mounts like I had said earlier it looks like I may have to remove the tool box but won't know till it is being set up in place.

You have a real nice collection there, Thanks for your help

Top mount.jpgPICT6467.jpgrear lower.jpgPICT6474.jpgPICT6473.jpg
            Chuck
            AMCA Member#1848

Comment

I wasnt sure about the top mount. It all looks factory but the clamp is brazed to the frame. I think I have an earlier version of the chassis than yours. The chrome pieces on the front are different also. Good luck with it.

Matt

Comment

You can always post up this question on the Goulding site and I am sure you'll get an answer from a few of the guys there.
                20scout

Comment

Working...
                X