Traffic light demands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic light demands

Undoubtedly everybody has encountered a demand light and the motorcycle won't set it off. The demand area, as we all know is obvious because of the rectangular cut and tar fill at the stopping point. These work by registering the magnetic variation in the demand area and a motorcycle won't set it off if you sit in the middle. Look for the cut in the pavement where the wire goes back to the controller. It is usually in the front right hand corner. Put your front wheel on that corner. That is where the loop comes together and takes very little steel to register.

somebody told me about this, whcih supposedly helps turn the signal for bikes:

http://www.signalsorcerer.com/

Comment

Traffic Light Strategy

I still have images from the 1960's of the old kind of switches that had panels about 8 inches wide that vehicle tires would push down and trip the light sensor. My passenger would get off and hop up and down with both feet stomping on the panel. Now I need to turn right on red and make a U-Turn and another right just to go straight across sometimes.

Roy

Comment

Working...
      X