Wauseon 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wauseon 2013

Has anyone heard of Wauseon hosting a local fundraiser for 9/11 called "Wings Over Wauseon" supposedly the same dates as the AMCA National Meet? Several different sites suggest it takes place at Fulton County Fairgrounds starting Friday, July 19th at 5:00 p.m. through Sunday, July 21? A memorial ride is to take place leaving from the fairgrounds which seems to be in conjunction with Napoleon Harley Davidson? Some notable country artists such as Darryl Worley are said to preform. I am all for supporting the cause and would surely enjoy some live country music, but how is this going to work with the meet? Anyone who has attended this meet before knows how well we fill out the fairgrounds, especially by Friday evening? Just curious if anyone has heard anything?

Hello Everybody. Fred Davis here, I Chair the Wauseon Planning Committee. A couple of months ago I was contacted by Tim Sepesy (419-822-1904) tbsinc@embarqmail.com from The Wauseon Area Foundation regarding his plan for “Wings Over Wauseon”, a fundraiser/festival to be held at Biddle Park, in the city of Wauseon, about six miles from the Fulton County Fairgrounds.
    A 911 Memorial is being installed at the Fairgrounds just north of the pavilion near the main gate. The Memorial will be a gazebo type structure housing a burnt and twisted beam from the World Trade Center.
    Mr Sepesy has asked for and received permission to start his “Memorial Ride” at the Fairgrounds. The plan is to marshal the bikes in the parking lot in front of the pavilion and present a short service before the riders depart. By our agreement, all bikes on the ride must remain in this designated area and no riding of the Grounds will be permitted.
    This entire process should take no more than two hours. This is the only portion of “Wings Over Wauseon” that will take place at the Fulton County Fairgrounds.
    Please feel free to contact Mr. Sepesy for flyers and entertainment updates. National music acts have now been replaced by local talent, due to fundraising shortfall.
    This is a onetime deal and if it does not work out it will be the last.
    Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

Working...
    X