Lee Standley Birthday Party Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee Standley Birthday Party Today

Was lucky enough to make it to Lee Standleys Birthday party today, rode my Sport Scout to the event. Lee is 95 years young and doing pretty well. His health is not what it was, his eye's and hearing are very poor. But his attitude and he mind sharp as ever! and that is very sharp!Dave Hansen and Norman Newman and families put the party together for Lee, hats off to them. Lee and his wonderful wife Dayl have been married since I believe 1942, Dayle is in even better shape than Lee! Wonderful folks and they have many fans in and out of the antique motorcycle world.I messed up and only got the one photo today, but that's Lee. Happy Birthday Lee ! P.S. here's one more of Lee and Dayl from a year or two ago - fantastic folks!.
    Attached Files

Wow... 95 is a pretty big number in the "years" category. Good for him! I bet he can tell a story...
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Your not kidding Cory, he has many and even better. They have awesome photo albums of racing and riding around the 30's and 40's. Dayl was one of the early Motormaids and Lee has been riding, racing and building Indians mainly - Sport Scout's are his favorites since before WW2. I have a copy of them in Free Two Wheeler magazine, I think taking in 42. Dayl is on an Cleveland single and Lee's on a Sport Scout. several years later Lee built them matching Sport Scouts! Their still together and going remarkably strong for their ages. Lee did the bottem end of my Scout 24 years ago and its still running fine, one of the main reasons, I am a Indian fan:-) and a real Standley fan!

Comment

Wow!
        That is awesome! Lee used to attend our Northern California Indian Run along with his buddy Dewey Bonkard. I still have the pizza box top that Lee used to illustrate the theory of piston speed, rpm, and it's effect for flat tracking. Lee is the one who got my Sport Scout flat tracker way, WAY faster than I was capable to pilot it.
        Thanks for the report!
        RF.

Comment

I met Lee in 1974. I had to ride my 1970 BMW pretty fast in the mountains near Cloudcroft, NM, to catch up with this guy on an old Indian! We've been friends ever since.

Originally posted by Tom Lovejoy View Post
          Was lucky enough to make it to Lee Standleys Birthday party today, rode my Sport Scout to the event. Lee is 95 years young and doing pretty well. His health is not what it was, his eye's and hearing are very poor. But his attitude and he mind sharp as ever! and that is very sharp!Dave Hansen and Norman Newman and families put the party together for Lee, hats off to them. Lee and his wonderful wife Dayl have been married since I believe 1942, Dayle is in even better shape than Lee! Wonderful folks and they have many fans in and out of the antique motorcycle world.I messed up and only got the one photo today, but that's Lee. Happy Birthday Lee ! P.S. here's one more of Lee and Dayl from a year or two ago - fantastic folks!.
          Jerry Hatfield

Comment

Red and Jerry, thanks for sharing very cool stuff !

Comment

Working...
            X