X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yerba Buena

hey admin guy -- 3 weeks 'til Sonoma!

ken

You betcha! Hell Fire rollin down the west coast. Ahhhhh....temperate heat to facilitate smooth passage? Hee-hee....

The Scout may not be ready. I'd really like to break it in around here, instead of the road run. So many things usually need to be tweaked, refit, reattached. But I'll give it a good shot.

Ahhhhh.....looks like moisture or water sat in my case at one point. So more parts, more work. All new shafts. It's acually a really good feeling starting fresh. Less variables. Real nice being able to just pick up the ph and order the parts. Thanks again Eastern.

I had the shock of my life the other day when two parts fit together with no modification what-so-ever needed. I stood back in total awe, confused and dis-orientated.

Comment

moisture + case = RUST! your favorite!

Comment

Well...I prefer it on the outside.

I'm very thankful that a fellow chapter member was kind enough to pull this great period bobber fender out of his stash for me. Very cool fender tip! I think it's the rear fender off of a 34 Chief. Anyone know?

I think I'm going to leave it as is. Maybe just paint the inside, and hammer plug a few holes (thanks Dennis Craig BS&G article) Visually informs the uneducated that yes indeed, THIS is an old motorcycle. And YA! I like rust.

I think a sparto would look good for a tail lamp. Or I guess you could mount the stock IND one upside down? Or an IND front fender lamp? Don't have one of those. So I'll just try to figure out how to use what I have.

I'm putting a couple of WWII pin-up "cow girls" on the tanks. Blond on the left. Brunette on the right. (I can never decide) Maybe a rope tieing the two together over the metalic silver tank. Fancy stuff once I put a couple of hundred miles on the grey primer tanks and am assured that they aren't going to leak.

One more Indian slowly makeing it's way back onto the road.

It's really interesting how a person can easily become immortal. Everytime I look at certain parts of the bike - I'm immediately reminded of the person that helped, made or dug up that part for me. So in fact as the machine is rebuilt it starts to take on a life of it's own. A personal collection of memories. What's it worth? A heck of alot more than anyone could ever pay. So I hope this helps explain the great personal satisfaction I get from building this bike. It transends metal- it's about soul.

It's all good! Everyone should do it if you get the chance.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X