2014 Cannonball Run is on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Cannonball Run is on

Just saw that Lonnie announced another Cannonball Run for 2014. By the time I found out about it he says it is almost full. No details as to route yet. Bikes 1936 and older are eligible.

Jerry

cannonball run

Jerry: If there is still room, let me Know. Thanks Steve

Comment

A 1930-36 Harley VL is obviously the bike of choice for the 2014 Cannonball, and I am getting calls asking what built bikes are available. There are only two of the 1936 VLH Police bikes left, that we built to recreate the CHP 1935 speed test last year. See them run on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8A4jM3A_yA
      These have been AMCA judged, with 200 break-in miles, cranked up to 100 mph on the Corbin, and can be seen at Wheels Through Time Museum, NC. Also in the US we have a fresh out of the box first 1930 in Police Blue and white being shown at Hebron, a Winners Circle civilian 36VLH, and another 1936 coming at year end. For our European members we have a 1936 VLH and a red/black 1933 in England, with titles, and awaiting break-in. Nearly finished on the bench in the UK is a blue/white 33VLD, with two more 1936 bikes for end year and a 1932 next spring. That's all folks, and then we're just doing small parts. Prices and pictures at www.vlheaven.com.

Comment

so watch where your put n your hands Jerry.. hope Deb and you are doing good.
        gww57.com

Comment

Check out the New 2014 Cannonball Route - 4100 miles - Daytona Beach FL to Tacoma, WA - Can't Wait!!2014CBRoute.jpg

Comment

I read today, there's an Ace entered in this Cannonball - awesome stuff !

Comment

Since cycles built in 1936 are eligible, expect to see several 36E/36EL's. Should be interesting.
              Lonnie Campbell #9908
              South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

Riding a 36 EL will present absolutely no challenge. They might as well ride late model bikes but more power to them I guess. Jerry

Comment

Any interest for me in the Cannonball just ended! I was really into this thing. Sucks. Bob L
                  AMCA #3149
                  http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Wow Bob!

What ruined it for you?

It wasn't the cost prohibitions that prevent most all of us from participating, was it?

I cannot even ante up.
                    But every year I chew fingernails worrying if my labors will make it through.

Even with its inherent limitations, the Cannonball still still does more for vintage motorcycling than the Discovery Channel.

.....Cotten
                    PS: Doh!

And more than the destructive AMCA "restoration" judging rules as well, of course.

Forgot my agenda for a minute, sorry.
                    Last edited by T. Cotten; 09-09-2013, 05:22 PM.
                    AMCA #776
                    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Tom, I feel the bikes should be limited to 1929 and down. This has nothing to do with engine capacity both rather mechanical advancements. And even then I’m going against what I believe should be 1924 and down. Ball bearing hubs only, no roller bearings. No front brakes or beaded rims. If you think your man enough and your machine is able, then go for it. I never let money come between a man and his dream! Bob L
                      AMCA #3149
                      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

24 and down, yeah, I like that. If we'd had anything to say about it, yeah.
                        But it's probably a good thing I didn't have to set the agenda.

Comment

I like the earlier machines too, but still very interested. It's just plan fun watching their progress. I like the Cannonball's much better than any of the shows, hope they have good luck.

Comment

"Never let money come between a man and his dream", Bob?

You don't know poverty like I do.
                            (I usually call it "disenfranchised".)

Vicarious enjoyment from the Cannonball is limited for me, however I encourage it to become as broad and as encompassing as it may.

(I'm not picky. It should be no challenge for a '36 Chief, either.)

If we cannot honestly preserve vintage motorcycles, we should at least try to preserve vintage motorcycling.

....Cotten
                            AMCA #776
                            Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

qu "You don't know poverty like I do."

dirty jokes come to mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X