Luke Walker in an accident...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luke Walker in an accident...

A lot of you know Luke Walker of Middletown, CT. Sunday he was in an accident when a car turned in front of him. His leg is broken and he got roughed up pretty bad. I understand he is in an induced coma, however a CAT scan of his head was ok....I'll try to get more current info and keep all up to date.

Here's Luke with a 28 Prince.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-_enc1ixFo
    Last edited by DanM; 05-21-2013, 08:35 PM.
    Dan Margolien
    Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
    Www.yankeechapter.org
    Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Here is a link to the news article of the crash
    Tim
    http://newport.patch.com/articles/mo...ical-condition

Comment

It's always sad to hear of a fellow rider going down. Let's all hope he can tell the story at many meets to come.
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Got an update today: Since Sunday, Luke has regained consciousness and was able to wiggle fingers and toes- good sign there. The major surgery has been on his leg, 2 separate procedures. He is still in intensive care, but the prognosis is improving.

Dan
        Dan Margolien
        Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
        Www.yankeechapter.org
        Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

thanks for posting this and keep us updated. luke was riding the Roade Island run with us the day before this happened. ~~~~~Jim Seidell

Comment

Luke is from Middletown RI, not CT as I wrote in the first post.
            Dan Margolien
            Www.yankeechapter.org
            Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

Latest report is that Luke is showing some progress of improvement. Periodic awareness of visitors. Doctors are focusing on the right leg and foot. Lost a toe in foot reconstruction. This week, working on the shattered femur.

Thanks to everyone for their notes of support and enquiry.
              Dan Margolien
              Www.yankeechapter.org
              Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

Latest update is that Luke has periods of consciousness, has responded to his name, opened his eyes a little. According to the doctors, his progress is normal and follows typical traumatic recovery. Work continues on rebuildinghis leg with more surgery set for next week.

Ride safe you guys and gals! Really brings it home.

dan
                Dan Margolien
                Www.yankeechapter.org
                Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

I don't know Luke, but give him my best regards, and encouragement as a fellow AMCA member. Hang in there Pal.
                  Eric Smith
                  AMCA #886

Comment

I'd like to thank everyone that has written in support of Luke. Several have asked about donations. We're going to create a process, so bear with us.

Unfortunately, I have to report the Dr. took Luke's right leg above the knee due to complications with the healing and the extent of the damage.

Dan
                    Dan Margolien
                    Www.yankeechapter.org
                    Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

Good news on Luke, he seems to be coming around and beginning to respond to voices and people in the room.
                      Dan
                      Dan Margolien
                      Www.yankeechapter.org
                      Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

stopped by to visit Luke on Saturday only to find out they sent him Home,thanks Dan for keeping everyone up to date on the crash

Comment

Billy- I'm sorry I fell behind on my postings! Luke was sent to the Braintree Rehabilitation Hospital
                          250 Pond Street, Braintree, MA 02184. Phone # 781-348-2500.
                          Visiting hours are 12-1 and 4-8 daily. 12-8 Saturday, don't know about Sunday.
                          He is getting extensive and intensive therapy and his condition is improving. That's good news!
                          Dan Margolien
                          Www.yankeechapter.org
                          Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

Hey Dan Thanks for the quick reply I'm not that far from Briantree so I will go to see him, any thing going on to help Luke out, like a Benefit party or donation box to send some money as for the last month Luke's been laid up and I'm sure the bills are piling up

Comment

I went to visit yesterday and when I called out Luke's name he slowly turned and looked up at me,Luke got hit very hard and is still in very tough shape so if your in the area stop in for a visit he need's all the help we can give him

Comment

Working...
                              X