Shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping

I am looking at buying a bike that needs to be shipped from Calif to New Jersey. Need a shipper that's good and won't cost me more than the bike?
    Any suggestions
    W

Will,

I have used Daily Direct, Haul Bikes and Allied Federal to ship from coast to coast and my choice is Allied Federal by far. The others will get it there but Allied gets it there sooner and IMHO opinion has a better system and tracks the loads better. Some took as much as 6 weeks and Allied took two. Cost was about $500-600 and was there when they said it would be and no damage. I'm sure others have different folks they like and use but that has been my experience and I have had about 6 shipped and 6 I picked up my self.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
    AMCA # 12766

Comment

Good packaging is also very important.
      Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

I used Federal Motorcycle Transport to ship my 48 Chief from San Diego to Ft. Lauderdale. Cost was $850. They strap the bike to a pallet. Bike arrived two weeks early! I have a number for Julie Hohner 309-694-4500 x2217. She was very helpful. This was a few years ago.

Hope this helps.

Rick L.

Comment

Thank guys

Comment

Rollo, I notice Carl cycle Supply also uses Allied. Does Allied provide the pallet too?

Originally posted by Rollo View Post
            Will,

I have used Daily Direct, Haul Bikes and Allied Federal to ship from coast to coast and my choice is Allied Federal by far. The others will get it there but Allied gets it there sooner and IMHO opinion has a better system and tracks the loads better. Some took as much as 6 weeks and Allied took two. Cost was about $500-600 and was there when they said it would be and no damage. I'm sure others have different folks they like and use but that has been my experience and I have had about 6 shipped and 6 I picked up my self.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
            AMCA # 12766
            AMCA 26656

47EL
            47WL

Comment

I have used Allied several times with excellent results. And they offer a discount to AMA members. I have also sold stuff that the buyers contracted their own shipping for. Some pretty scary looking shippers out there....
              Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

1-800-haul bikes
                http://www.haulbikes.com/
                Last edited by Chris Haynes; 05-09-2013, 06:38 PM.
                Be sure to visit;
                http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

I ship with Forward Air. it is a trucking co that ships terminal to terminal. both ends need to be near one of their terminals (most airports). if it is a valuable bike they offer container shipping, customer provides locks, in a couple sizes. nobody sees the bike. they also offer pallet shipping. Pallet ~$4-500 container $8-900. delivery is in 4 days coast to coast.

Originally posted by Will View Post
                  I am looking at buying a bike that needs to be shipped from Calif to New Jersey. Need a shipper that's good and won't cost me more than the bike?
                  Any suggestions
                  W

Comment

Working...
                  X