A Second Look at the Outlaws from the Flash Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Second Look at the Outlaws from the Flash Collection

This is the second in a series of three articles I am doing on the works of Jim Miteff. He took hundreds of photographs of the Outlaws Motorcycle Club during the late 1960's and was also a founding member of the Detroit Chapter. For this article, I interviewed Miteff's daughter Beverly about what it was like to grow with the Outlaws. Again, I picked out a dozen of my favorite photographs to go along with the article.

Portraits of American Bikers: Inside Looking Out
    Last edited by panhead_jim; 05-05-2013, 05:02 PM.
    1964 FLH
    1972 R75/5
    1996 XL1200C
    2001 R1200C
    2007 FXSTB
    Blog: Riding Vintage
    Check out Riding Vintage on Facebook

Thanks for posting panheadjim. Those are very interesting pictures once again. Anyone note the old Indian Motorcycles sign in the back ground on the 4th pic? It looks like it was even neon. A gem to find today for sure.

From the pics it's apparent members didn't always ride Harleys. I had a notion that Harley was the first and foremost choice. Wonder if import riders were looked down upon by their gang peers, or if brand made no difference in gang status?
    Jason Zerbini
    Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
    Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Skirted View Post
      Thanks for posting panheadjim. Those are very interesting pictures once again. Anyone note the old Indian Motorcycles sign in the back ground on the 4th pic? It looks like it was even neon. A gem to find today for sure.
      They probably pick those up on American Pickers all the time... Sure would like to have one, though.

Originally posted by Skirted View Post
      From the pics it's apparent members didn't always ride Harleys. I had a notion that Harley was the first and foremost choice. Wonder if import riders were looked down upon by their gang peers, or if brand made no difference in gang status?
      Don't you look down on import riders I figured it just had to do with the cost of Harley's, but an old Harley may have been cheaper than an import back then. Anyone remember?
      1964 FLH
      1972 R75/5
      1996 XL1200C
      2001 R1200C
      2007 FXSTB
      Blog: Riding Vintage
      Check out Riding Vintage on Facebook

Comment

Working...
      X