Wauseon Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wauseon Meet

I just want to put in my two cents worth on the subject. The meet is to be moved next year to avoid the "other" meet, which I believe is the right thing to do. But the rumor going around the meet was that the following year in 2006 when the meets in the East are combined, that Wauseon might be moved to June and the fairgrounds are not available then and the meet would have to be moved somewhere else.
    I hope this will not happen as I feel Wauseon is the best meet the AMCA has. I know Davenport is bigger, but that doesn't necessarily make it better. Thanks.

Louie

Hi Louie:
    As long as the four Chapters wish to keep running Wauseon on the new date of the fourth weekend, (a week after VMD and Indian Days), no changes will be made. That's from the horse's mouth.
    Pete Gagan

Comment

Finally............. I'll be able to attend both meets.No disrespect to either club,but I never could figure why both had to be scheduled on the same weekend.
      Rick

Comment

The way I heard it from an AMA official, Vintage Days has been held on the only weekend that the Mid Ohio course is available. They were booked every other weekend through the summer, just like the Wauseon fairgrounds. It wasn't done intentionally. Although I haven't been to Wauseon for a couple of years I always enjoyed it. Last year, due to my work schedule, I attended Vintage Days since it is a couple of hours closer to me. I don't think I'll go back soon. The flea market is about 90% Jap parts and the majority of them are late model. I have at least 3 Jap bike junkyards within an hours drive of me so that part was a waste of time. The racing was nice but, then again, the AMA has a different idea of "vintage". I know that there are not enough bikes to fill out the races but I couldn't get into seeing Indians on the track at the same time as multi cylinder Jap bikes and modified motocross machines. Seemed pointless. There was a huge turnout for the AMA event and it looks like they're doing well so I'm sure they won't miss me. They only other complaint applies to both events. Too hot. July is great for riding but not so great for standing around in the sun. Hey everyone, Ohio is beautiful in the fall. What's wrong with October?

Comment

Working...
        X