Staying in Denton Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staying in Denton Park

Never been. Looks like I'm riding down on the bike. The site said to call Denton Park for camping. Got a couple vendor friends that will be there. Wondering about staying close to them. If allowable.
    Who's been that can give up some info. Tent camping on the grounds,cost,electric? Any info would help.
    Also I just joined here. Does it benefit me any, no big deal just wondering. Not sure but might do a show. Bike has never been in one.
    This all new to me, so just wondering. I'll also call the Denton people next week and ask.
    77 HD Confederate Edition Super Glide
    Jeff Fleming

i rode down first year for this event . perfect setting and great camping area right next to venders area . things may have changed since then

Comment

Jeff, AMCA members get in the meet free by showing card, I think tent camping is $10 a night without electric, plenty of great camp sites and nice shower houses, you won't be disappointed. But call the FarmPark and verify and reserve, thanks.
      Louie
      FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
      Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
      YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

I called about a month ago and was told if wanting electricity you need to reserve it

packing trailer this weekend and to head to south carolina for a week the to denton on return trip

bringing op 1914 excelsior belt drive single and a 1940 indian military period modified

looking to purchase excelsior parts and a harley 165 project

see you in denton
        1914 EXCELSIOR BELT DRIVE SINGLE
        1914 excelsior belt drive single carcuss
        1940 indian chief military
        1965 sportster xlch
        1969 sportster xlch bobber
        1971 bsa A65 chopper
        1969 harley ss350 sprint
        1960 harley topper
        1963 harley topper
        H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
        H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle
        1949 harley model 125 bobber project
        1959 harley model 165
        1960 harley super 10
        1974 indian 70cc dirt bike
        EXCELSIOR - ALWAYS MAKES GOOD

Comment

That's what I wanted. Thanks. Don't need electric as the vendor will have that. Nice they got bath houses. I hoped to camp close to the vendor.. Will call this week. Get in for free is a plus...
          Jeff Fleming

Comment

all those attending ... lets posts those pics up here for us guys who wont make it !

Comment

How many folks are going? I plan to ride back from the Kickstart ride on Friday. Hopefully make Denton on Saturday morning...
              1964 FLH
              1972 R75/5
              1996 XL1200C
              2001 R1200C
              2007 FXSTB
              Blog: Riding Vintage
              Check out Riding Vintage on Facebook

Comment

I will be there. Hope to have the Indian going after a generator rebuild.
                Bob Selph
                1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
                1940 Sport Scout
                AMCA#15215

Comment

Originally posted by panhead_jim View Post
                  How many folks are going? I plan to ride back from the Kickstart ride on Friday. Hopefully make Denton on Saturday morning...
                  That's good news Jim. Hoping more of the Kick Start guys will come up.

I will be there on my '72. Jeff, this is a great meet. You will love it! I'll see you there big guy!

Comment

I took a motor home the first year but have camped in my van, Mighty Whitey the Wonder Wagon, aka the Stay-free Mini-pad. The bathrooms and showers are great and are kept in clean condition throughout the meet. There is vending in the open grounds, where the airstrip was, and also in the shaded woods. It is a very large campground. And, the riding in the area is great, very scenic area. Be sure to ride to Asheboro to the American Classic Motorcycle Museum. Not many original paint '36 EL's around but there is one there. There is also the NC state zoo and an aircraft museum in Asheboro, which is, I guess, about 20 miles away.
                    Lonnie Campbell #9908
                    South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

Lonnie I just slept in my mini van for 4 nights. it was ok but did not like the one level. hard to get dressed laying down. I just put an air mat in with a sleeping bag. Need to get my pup tent out. been years, it might be rotted. Got a friend that has an enclosed trailer w/a/c might see if he has room for 1. I tried the Asheboro place a couple years back but they were closed. Will try to catch them this trip too.
                      Jeff Fleming

Comment

Originally posted by 77HDFX View Post
                        Lonnie I just slept in my mini van for 4 nights. it was ok but did not like the one level. hard to get dressed laying down. I just put an air mat in with a sleeping bag. Need to get my pup tent out. been years, it might be rotted. Got a friend that has an enclosed trailer w/a/c might see if he has room for 1. I tried the Asheboro place a couple years back but they were closed. Will try to catch them this trip too.
                        I got these two buds that couldn't understand why I'd rather sleep in a bag covered by a truck tarp, than sleep on their hotel room floor. It's OBVIOUS! I can wake up right in the middle of the Davenport meet! Next day, they didn't show up until 2 pm. They'd lost one cell phone, and the other one had a dead battery, and they had a few room issues too. I'd have gone plumb nuts with them! and somebody else would have bought my parts! AAARRRGGhh!

Comment

Working...
                        X